Boycotting Scale??

Options
If you look at my page, you'll see that my ticker says I've lost ZERO pounds. That's not exactly true, but I have found in my previous weight-loss efforts that the scale is evil. Okay, well maybe not evil, but it doesn't work for me to way myself often because I become to fixated on the number instead of noticing the other healthy changes I'm seeing. Is there anyone else on MFP that doesn't weigh often?? By often I mean less than once a month?

Replies

• monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Sadly I have been doing this. So I have taken some good advice from my fellow MFP friends and I will only do it once a month. That way I will be so excited when I see that I have lost the weight. I look forward to next months weigh in!
  • JunkFoodJane
    JunkFoodJane Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've decided to do this. I am going to work hard at exercising and eating healthy for six weeks. Hopefully I'll learn to appreciate other changes- like tonight I put on jeans and laughed when they were tighter in the butt and thighs and looser in the waist. I walk at an incline which flattens my tummy and lifts my rear while toning my legs. I also tend to gain a bit when I first am soon it, presumably as I build muscle and have yet to drop any fat.

So we'll see how this works for me. Hopefully it's easier on the ego!
  • AusteenaHayes
    Options
    I have decided to do this as well. So glad I am not alone here. Since I workout I want to keep the lean muscle I have developed and still want to look thin. This is the way that works for me. :-)
  • btc1987
    btc1987 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    As I get closer to my goal, I will likely do the same as body composition and look will take precedent over getting in a healthy weight range.

That being said, I don't find the scale nearly as scary when I only weigh 1 time per week in the exact same time/way that I have done it every week. The consistency helps.