Breakfast....UGH

Options
Just NOT a fan of the breakfast :( I like breakfast food...just not for breakfast LOL! Was waaaay under calories yesterday cause I didnt start eating till after 2pm...I often dont find myself hungry till the afternoon and evening. Anyone else have this issue?

Replies

• samantharae121205
    Options
    i usually dnt eat till after 6. ugh. im constantly sleeping on a full stomach. :(:(
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    im the same i just dont do breakfast i know i should but not hungry at all. i do sometimes manage a banana but thats it!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Eating within the first hour or two of waking jumpstarts your metabolism for the day. I believe I've heard that if you don't eat breakfast, it's harder to lose weight (could be wrong there). I would say to at least eat something, even if it's not breakfast food. Try an apple with natural pb, yogurt with granola, high fiber cereal with skim milk and berries...something with carbs/fiber and protein.
  • spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    there is no law that says you have to eat breakfast food for breakfast - if you don`t want anything solid make a fruit smoothie with protein powder - by 2pm your metabolism is well and truly shutdown - whihc is why you don`t feel hungry - not good for weight loss
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    it is not good for you to starve your body for food. it will hold on to every bit of fat that passes your mouth. you need to start eating before 10 am and preferably by 8 am in the mornings to help with your journey. i used to eat one meal a day and it was usaully around 6 to 7 pm every day and i couldn't figure out why i wasn't lossing weight until i started doing what was suggested on this site.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    You can retrain your body how to eat. If you wake up and get sick eating first thing in the morning then get up and drink some water then wait an hour to eat your breakfast. Try to eat small meals 4 to 5 times a day. This should help you with your weightloss.
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I get up at 6am, but if I try and eat breakfast then I am physcially sick, my stomach seems to take a lot longer to wake up than I do.
    What I have started doing for the last 6months or so seems to be working.
    I have a drink water & morning coffee on my way into work.
    I arrive at work around 8am and I will have some thing light around 8.15 - even if it is just two biscuits.
    We have a tea break at 10.30 and that's when I have my breakfast cereals.
    then lunch at 1pm, we break again at 3.30 and I will try and have fruit and maybe another two biscuits as this keeps me going until
    I get home for dinner around 7pm - if I don't have something around 3.30 by the time i get to the station I am craving sweet stuff as I seem to get an energy dip around 4pm.
    I aim to eat no later than 9pm and can usually manage it during the week, weekends are a little different.
  • keylareed
    keylareed Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have been that way my whole life! It was hard for me to start eating breakfast, but I think me starting contributed to me losing 25 lbs or so last summer. I kept eating breakfast and I kept it off. :) I still "forget" some mornings until around 10 or 11 (which is probably not good) but I try to drink a big glass of water as soon as I get up and then try to eat something within a couple of hours.
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I get it, I see it. My wife does it all the time. Its probably the worst thing you can do. I mean its just flat out terrible to not eat until 2 in the afternoon.

Force yourself to drink a very healthy shake every single morning.
  • dragonsmistress
    Options
    I was never a breakfast person either but Since I started Raw I now do Green or Protein smoothies, have you tried smoothies? You can get so many benefits from them. And you can put whatever you in them pretty much.
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Eating within the first hour or two of waking jumpstarts your metabolism for the day. I believe I've heard that if you don't eat breakfast, it's harder to lose weight (could be wrong there). I would say to at least eat something, even if it's not breakfast food. Try an apple with natural pb, yogurt with granola, high fiber cereal with skim milk and berries...something with carbs/fiber and protein.

No I hear also that it is harder to lose weight, your body will hold onto it....try grabbing a quick smoorhie so you at least have something :)
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You have to eat something, it doesn't have to be big, but something.
    Try a breakfast bar, find something you like, just eat something. Even as small as 50 to 100 calories. You do need to get something into you to assist your metabolism for the day.
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    yes I was never a breakfast eater....neither was my mom. How this is what I follow and I am down 79 pounds here folks.

Eat breakfast like a queen (alot)
    Eat lunch like a princess (an average lunch)
    Eat dinner like a pauper (4 oz of lean meat, chicken or fish and some veggies)

I have done this for a while now and it seems to work the best for me. You will get used to it, I did. Hope it works out for you.

they say that what you eat after you break your fast from sleeping sets the tone for your metabolism throughout the rest of the day.
  • MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    first and foremost: do NOT put time constraints on your eating "schedule"

People use to tell me, don't eat after 5 pm. Well... I worked from 10-7pm so obviously dinner for me was around 8.

As for the breakfast thing-don't time it. What's the soonest you are ABLE to eat, not necessarily hungry? Because that's what you should shoot for. I wake up at 6, I get ready and leave for work at 7:30. In the car on the way to work I drink a smoothie or eat some grapes. Then when I get to work, I usually eat some toast or something at 8:30.

It's important to fuel yourself early in the morning to get a jump start-but don't compare your self/schedule to others. I'd say try small snacks and even drinks in the morning. Once you're body is up and going, you can eat more. Hope this helps!:bigsmile:
  • yokurio
    yokurio Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you got to force yourself to eat. I've done alot of research on when to eat and what to eat. This is what my doctor and I came up with.

Within 1 hour after waking up: 1 cup of organic cereal or a fruit smoothie
    9am: a snack (fruit, protein bar)
    lunch: Healthy choice fresh mixer
    2:30pm: a snack (fruit, triscuits)
    dinner: vegetarian burger with whole grain bun

Within 30 minutes of working out, I make sure to have a snack. I try to workout everyday somehow.

I lost 40 lbs within 3 months last year. I slowed down a bit to finish college but plan to get back to my diet next year when im done with school.

I'm still maintaining at a good weight in comparison to what i used to be.

The reason i eat so much in this diet is to make my metabolism burn fat and not just my food.

Trust me, breakfast is very important for weightloss. In fact, eating every 4 hours and not before bed is the most important thing there is. When you eat during the day will make you lose weight without even trying.
  • carrie_lebel
    Options
    Can you force to eat a big spoonful of natural peanut butter. That can give you 200 calories quick and a good amount of protein.
  • dhiggins8
    dhiggins8 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    it is not good for you to starve your body for food. it will hold on to every bit of fat that passes your mouth. you need to start eating before 10 am and preferably by 8 am in the mornings to help with your journey. i used to eat one meal a day and it was usaully around 6 to 7 pm every day and i couldn't figure out why i wasn't lossing weight until i started doing what was suggested on this site.

THis was me I only ate dinner everyday and nothing else. I always kept busy during the day and was not hungry. i started losing weight when I would wake up for work i would have a fiber one bar for breakfast about 6 am
    then at 8 am I will have some yogurt. then lunch at 1130 again at 1 to 230 I would have 1 cup of dry cherrios hungry or not. this kept my moetabolism buring calories. it is not what I ate it was that I was eating.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Me too. I just can't eat that early (5:00am) I usually just have a protein shake on my drive in to work. On the weekends I'll have a regular breakfast but closer to 8:00.

It's so weird, I just can't stomach anything more than a drink but if I don't have something I starve all day and usually over eat in the evening.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I can't stand to eat before 11am and I can't go to sleep hungry. So I do what I want in food timing regards, count calories, and it is working for me
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I can't stand to eat before 11am and I can't go to sleep hungry. So I do what I want in food timing regards, count calories, and it is working for me
    I dont believe in going to bed hungry either! you have it exactly right when you say you are doing what works for you :)