Backtracking

Options
Hi all.

I could really use some motivation today. I did my measurements yesterday and realised that I am back to exactly the same size I was in November. I have been lifting weights 4-5 times a week since the beginning of February, but have been terrible about logging my food and so have eaten away any progress I made. At the beginning of March, my pants were getting loose and people were commenting that I was looking slimmer. Now I am back to that awful feeling of the waistband cutting into my skin :(

It's hard to ignore that little voice that says "See, your body is comfortable at this weight, you can't get any slimmer, might as well eat a whole pie."

Ugh.

Replies

• ahappyapple
    ahappyapple Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I do the same thing. :(
  • joaniegray
    joaniegray Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Motivation is a funny thing, isn't it? Don't go for that pie, and don't be so hard on yourself. Just get moving. I live where it is very cold and often walking is not an option due to snow, ice, blizzards, whatever but I can always put on music and just dance. Music and dancing. I know for me, I can eat 12 to 1400 calories a day and I won't lose a singe pound if I don't excercise. And I do not mean heavy duty aerobics, just walking, dancing and when the weather is good, skating. Good luck, and good moving.
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I guess I do need to get in some cardio if i want to loose some inches. My plan was to focus on the weight lifting to get a muscle base and then add the cardio later, but perhaps a mix of both would be better.
  • thetorontokid2
    Options
    I would agree with the mix!! I really only do cardio myself. I throw in some hand weights sometimes to boost it a bit, and I also do sit-ups, but I think the best thing to do is mix it up! (I'm talking to myself as well!) :)
    Do you have a smart phone that you could download the MFP app to? If so, I'd recommend it so you can get on here daily pretty easily! I log my junk at work and then use my husband's android at home. Just get in that habit and it'll become second nature! I started last May and failed miserably because I didn't log anything (then I ended up gaining back the weight PLUS 15 more lbs!!) I also found it better this time once I added more friends because I'm accountable to them (and myself) EVERY DAY.
    Once you do the logging every day, and your exercises just like you're doing (4-5 times a week), it will become a habit and you will stay on it!!
    Keep those smaller clothes out as a reminder to get back in them! OR go ahead and buy a dress or outfit or something a size smaller and work towards getting into it!! Lose those inches again and you'll lose the pounds, too!

There. MOTIVATED are you?? hehe But really though, best of luck! I'll be here to cheer you on!!
  • joaniegray
    joaniegray Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yes, best of luck! I know you can do this and adding cardio to weight lifting - guaranteed by eating right, cario and weights, you'll see a big difference. And to the Toronto Kid2, hi, I'm in Ottawa - you sound like you are doing great.
    Logging every day and putting in the exercise -really motivating!
  • thetorontokid2
    Options
    And to the Toronto Kid2, hi, I'm in Ottawa - you sound like you are doing great.
    Logging every day and putting in the exercise -really motivating!

Hi there!! Thanks! I feel really motivated this time to do it! After I gained all that extra weight I knew I had to do something to change my lifestyle this time. :)
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice! Torontokid, I am Torontonian too! :)