Hi im new here

Options
:heart: Hi people my name is jess and im new here today i decided do change my bad ways and start lossing weight because the other day i went wedding dress shopping and cried :sad: not coz of happness but at how big i looked and just last month i was told by my doctor that i and high blood presure and i was on my way to having diabeties and in the future if i wanted to have kids it would be almost impossible to today i am changing FOR THE BETTER...:heart:

Replies

• jessbramble
    Options
    :heart: Hi people my name is jess and im new here today i decided do change my bad ways and start lossing weight because the other day i went wedding dress shopping and cried :sad: not coz of happness but at how big i looked and just last month i was told by my doctor that i and high blood presure and i was on my way to having diabeties and in the future if i wanted to have kids it would be almost impossible to today i am changing FOR THE BETTER...:heart:
  • mb2bthin
    mb2bthin Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Welcome this is a great way to get started. I found this site recently and I'm now addicted. It has taught me so much. But much greater are the wonderful others who are members on mfp. They have helped support me, laugh with me, and motivate me. Looking forward to doing the same for you!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • mommyagain
    mommyagain Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi, I joined the group today as well, Welcome, so far it has been very encouraging and informational.
  • funo145
    funo145 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just joined yesterday!! So I just want to say welcome to the site! I'm already motivated to do better because I have to log it in here... The more people I meet, the more motivation there is to do well :) and congrats on the engagement... :) I'm sure you will look BEAUTIFUL at your wedding!
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hi:smile: I just joined as well. Not to sure how it all works yet .
  • kleclair
    kleclair Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I just joined too. I hope it works I want more energy to chase after my 1 year old
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options

Welcome! You kind of look like Drew Barrymore in that pic! haha!

Welcome to the rest of you as well!! Your gonna love this site!! Its great and the people are great! You all can be added to our GREAT family :laugh:
  • titadks
    titadks Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello there! I started about a week ago & I find it very usefull, we never know how much we're eating until we keep track, it's encouraging to see the results, I got married in October so I understand about the dress shopping, but the best part is knowing that you are doing something good for your body & it feels great!:happy:
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to mfp. Best wishes to you on your goals. :flowerforyou:
  • chadmcrae2000
    Options
    High and I am new here as well so good luck to us both for wanting to get healthier and feel better too.:smile:
  • Saluna
    Saluna Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wow, so may new starters,
    welcome :flowerforyou: and lots of hugs.
    You guys soon work out how this site works ad you get loads of support, whatever bothers you.
    Just a question My son and I are from England, are there aymore out or in here and other countries?
    Well, that should make the website owner happy, becomming international :drinker: :drinker:

Ayway Good luck to all of you
    Saluna xxx:laugh:
  • Saluna
    Options
    No Idea what happened here argh, sorry folks:explode:
  • Saluna
    Options
    How to delete a post? :angry:
  • jessbramble
    Options
    :blushing: Thank you for all your wishes i had tears in my eyes reading all of them :cry: so thank you
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Wow, sooooooo many new people! Course, why not? This IS the best site on the web!
    You're all going to LOVE this site! It REALLY, REALLY works!!!
    Between the great daily food counter, which by the way is SUCH an eye opener, and all the wonderfully supportive people, the weight WILL come off. AND, it'll ALMOST be easy, as well as fun, too!
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome and remember at 2 lbs a week it adds up to 52 lbs in 26 weeks or 6 months or 104 lbs in 1 year I have been here for 6 months, it's wonderful :smile:

I love to give tips and they are:
    1) log it BEFORE you eat it, this can help you make wise choices :tongue:
    2) weigh and/or measure everything, my eye was much larger than actual amounts :noway:

Wishing you the best :drinker:
  • surfbeachchic7813
    Options
    I've been on this program for a couple of months now and I've lost a lot of weight. You can do it with a little postive thinking and some changes to diet and exercise you'll feel great. It worked for me :smile: :flowerforyou: I hope that you have great sucess!

52095.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Ohemgee112233
    Options
    hey i am new 2 :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I started about 6 wks ago and have lost 12 lbs. When I started my friend said it was a waste of time to log all your food, she knows what to eat and how much. Wellllllllll today she asked me for the web site info because she is UP 20lbs! (she quite smoking-i am so proud of her!!))

Point is...this site is fan tas tic. Something about being accountable to myself, and oh-having to write down that chicken wing. NOT worth it.

Good Luck! Your gunna be smokin hot in your wedding dress.