Will power-Do you have it?

Options
What is will power? The trait of resolutely controlling your own behavior. We all struggle with it. I saw this weekend TRUE will power. My friend's mother has been battling cancer for 8 years. The end was near. She tried every treament, traditional, experimental and non-traditional to "cure' herself. Her grandson's 1st birthday party was Saturday. She willed herself to live for that party...to see her grandson open presents and eat his cake. She was attentive, alert and happy. That night she slipped into a coma and finally is at rest as of 2:40 a.m. this morning.

So when you think you have no will power...think again. It is in you, deep inside and when you can't go that extra minute on the treadmill, think you have to have that piece of chocolate or think you just have too much going on to focus on being healthy...think again.

Replies

• GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    GREAT STORY..THANKS FOR SHARING
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    *speechless*
  • hedder1313
    Options
    This is exactly what I wanted/ Needed to read today. I am on the hardest venture I have ever faced....... and this gave me the push to follow through with this!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your friend's loss & yours as well... I bet she went to Heaven with a smile on her face :smile:

Thank you for sharin'...That is true Willpower for sure! :heart:
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your friend's loss & yours as well... I bet she went to Heaven with a smile on her face :smile:

Thank you for sharin'...That is true Willpower for sure! :heart:

You are the master of will power...you amaze me!