exercise calories

Options
I know that i have to eat back my exercise calories to give my body the full 1200 minimum it needs and just wondered what foods you all eat to use them extra calories

thanks

Replies

• thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I like the Weigh Proteins. In fact after a hard work out I will use two scoops instead of one and even with 16oz of milk. Whey Protein is really good for repairing your muscles and bones from the damage done during workouts. It also have fast acting carbs to help in not being so hungry.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Chocolate milk, particularly after strength training!
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I can usually get a big portion of them back by drinking a glass of milk after exercising. It's full of protein, so it's a decent recovery drink that I don't have to "specially" purchase.
  • sdoherty1000
    sdoherty1000 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    hmm i like the protein shake idea, i have a 1000 extra calories to use and cant find foods that will allow me to stay within all the correct brackets
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I like Avacados, and I'm toying with making my own nut-butters (almond in particular offers a lot of experimenty fun ideas). But I don't generally worry about my fat intake- or really any of my "brackets". Just my cals and sodium (and sodium more because I have a propensity to salt my food if im not consciously remembering not to)
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    hmm i like the protein shake idea, i have a 1000 extra calories to use and cant find foods that will allow me to stay within all the correct brackets

The instructions on the Whey Protein says that after a real hard workout to use 2 scoops. I mix that with 16 oz of milk which ends up being around 500 calories.

If not a work out I will have 1 scoop with 16 oz of water.
  • ElyMaeOR
    ElyMaeOR Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I didn't know that we were allowed to eat our exercise calories. That's cool! So nobody has gained by doing this???
  • jennyrc
    jennyrc Posts: 12
    Options
    I wasn't eating the "exercise" calories, and I actually gained....then when I finally figured out that you should eat those calories, I finally lost!! I was told by my doc that your body can go into starvation mode, if you don't balance exercise and calorie intake.
  • mazomama
    mazomama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I didn't know that we were allowed to eat our exercise calories. That's cool! So nobody has gained by doing this???

if you don't eat them back your body isn't going to be to happy.

Back on topic: I'm all about my shakeology!!!
    but i also love chicken and fish or my go to meal is protein pancakes :) - 1/2 oats, 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese, 1/2 cup egg whites, 1 tsp vanilla- mix well and cook em up like regular pancakes ( i use olive oil spray on griddle) and then top with some agave nectar ..... SUPER YUMMY!
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options

For a little more insight to this topic, read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TrainerRobin/view/myth-or-fact-calories-in-versus-calories-out-3500-calories-one-pound-and-should-i-eat-my-exercise-calories-62012

Good luck!