Corruption is complete!

Options
So, I posted last week about how I discovered I like yogurt--still can't believe that one! But now, I have indeed been thoroughly corrupted by MFP and healthy eating habits!

I can never return to the dream foods of my youth :sad:

What brought about this complete corruption?

SOY MILK!

Yes, soy milk.

I had also posted about going to my doc this week; well, while there, I asked her about pre-menopausal symptoms. She said it sounded like I might be pre-menopausal and that they'll test my blood for it in 6 months when I go for labs again.

But she said the meds they have for it are not great for diabetics because it is known they can increase the risk of heart disease!

So, she suggested that in the meanwhile, I drink soy milk and see if that helps.

:sick: :sick:

I HATE SOY MILK I told her. And, I was determined not to like it! NO WAY! That was a sign that I had fully given up and gone "health nut."

And I still had that song from my youth in my head--

"I'm aftraid someday they'll find me
Just stretched out on my bed
With a handful of Pringles potato chips
And a Ding Dong by my head"

I used to be a proud Junkfood Junkie! So what if now I was losing weight, eating more healthy, and liking yogurt and squash--I STILL WAS NO SILLY HEALTHY NUT! "THOSE PEOPLE" wear beads, tye-die shirts, and sandals, and listen to the Grateful Dead all the time. :wink:

But I went to the store, brought some soy milk knowing I'd hate it and have that excuse, and could come on here and ask "you soy milk drinkers" how in the world you can drink that stuff!

and, HORRORS OF HORRORS---

I LOVE IT! ME, DRINKING SOY MILK! AND LOVING IT! I threw out the rest of my "cow milk" and had Soy Milk with dinner and on my cereal for breakfast, and in my smoothie yesterday--that I made with yogurt. :ohwell:

Another one bites the dust and puts on the label, if somewhat reluctantly, of "those who drink soy milk"

But no way I'm not wearing tye-died! hippie-smile.gif

Replies

• shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    So, I posted last week about how I discovered I like yogurt--still can't believe that one! But now, I have indeed been thoroughly corrupted by MFP and healthy eating habits!

SOY MILK!

Yes, soy milk.

I had also posted about going to my doc this week; well, while there, I asked her about pre-menopausal symptoms. She said it sounded like I might be pre-menopausal and that they'll test my blood for it in 6 months when I go for labs again.

But she said the meds they have for it are not great for diabetics because it is known they can increase the risk of heart disease!

So, she suggested that in the meanwhile, I drink soy milk and see if that helps.

I HATE SOY MILK I told her. And, I was determined not to like it! NO WAY! That was a sign that I had fully given up and gone "health nut."

I used to be a proud Junkfood Junkie! So what if now I was losing weight, eating more healthy, and liking yogurt and squash--I STILL WAS NO SILLY HEALTHY NUT! "THOSE PEOPLE" wear beads, tye-die shirts, and sandals, and listen to the Grateful Dead all the time. :wink:

But I went to the store, brought some soy milk knowing I'd hate it and have that excuse, and could come on here and ask "you soy milk drinkers" how in the world you can drink that stuff!

I LOVE IT! ME, DRINKING SOY MILK! AND LOVING IT! I threw out the rest of my "cow milk" and had Soy Milk with dinner and on my cereal for breakfast, and in my smoothie yesterday--that I made with yogurt. :ohwell:

Another one bites the dust and puts on the label, if somewhat reluctantly, of "those who drink soy milk"

• calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    boo, wear the tie-dye, go on, you know you'll like it if you just try it, think of the soya milk expereince.

(and they taste blood in labs, how weird? :laugh: )
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I started drinking soy milk because these days you don't know what really is in the "real" milk and I too discovered I like it.
    I am not menopausal obviously and don't know about any benefits, just followed the advise of a co worker and since then stick to it.
  • shorerider
    Options
    boo, wear the tie-dye, go on, you know you'll like it if you just try it, think of the soya milk expereince.

(and they taste blood in labs, how weird? :laugh: )

Opps. my bad on the spelling--I fixed it!

Do they make tie-dye kilts? I might wear one of them--got a great-great-grandfather who was a Highlander, so could claim right to wear one, right? :tongue:
  • calatibo
    Options
    only if it's tie-dye.

The McHippy clan
  • shorerider
    Options
    LOL--aren't they the ones who invited the All-Vegan Haggis?? :tongue:
  • tilly6277
    tilly6277 Posts: 202
    Options
    I'm wearing tye die right now! :smokin:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    LOL I have always called the health nuts "granola people" LOL But then I found myself eating boca burgers and turning up my nose at mcdonalds and honey buns...and cooking meals without meat..my god, who does that?! lol I too am a granola person now...*sigh* I guess it's time to come to grips with it. I have yet to try soymilk though, but I suppose I should, do u buy the vanilla, or just plain?
  • shorerider
    Options
    LOL I have always called the health nuts "granola people" LOL But then I found myself eating boca burgers and turning up my nose at mcdonalds and honey buns...and cooking meals without meat..my god, who does that?! lol I too am a granola person now...*sigh* I guess it's time to come to grips with it. I have yet to try soymilk though, but I suppose I should, do u buy the vanilla, or just plain?

I just bought the plain kind--although I'm going to check out the low-fat and the chocolate, too! UMMMM, chocolate!
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    That's funny! You know, I have not tried soy milk, but I do eat soy burgers. My 6-year old is a true meat hater and I'm am always after her to just take a couple of bites here and there for the protein. Well, she tried my soy burger last week and she LOVED it. I thought that was so weird....she would NEVER eat a regular hamburger, chicken, turkey, hotdog, etc......but she will scarf down soy burgers. :noway: This is a child that hates ice cream, too :noway: but will eat an entire plate of green beans. lol

Congrats on your new 'health nut' life style!
  • Essence320
    Essence320 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Get the chocolate its soooo good.:drinker:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    They used to have cappuccino flavored soy milk that I used to get all the time, because it was SOOOOO good, but I can't find it anywhere now. :frown:

But congrats(?) on your newfound love for soymilk!
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options

SOY MILK!

Yes, soy milk.

For the most part we live off of Soy milk . I remember when I first took a sip of it i HATED it...but it has grown on me. It's hard because my son is allergic to milk so we always have soy milk and rice milk here but my hubby is allergic to soy ..so we have regular milk here too LOL..
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options

Don't laugh too hard - I saw vegan pate at a high-end grocery store the other day. Blah! I'm a long time veggie and I still say blah!
  • calatibo
    Options

I call them the Mc-What-the-hell-are-you-thinking,-are-you-some-kind-of-moron clan. really, veggie haggis of all things!

actually, i quite like it, very spicy (and the only way i could get to have haggis when i was going out with my last gf) it is however, not haggis! :laugh:
  • shorerider
    Options

I call them the Mc-What-the-hell-are-you-thinking,-are-you-some-kind-of-moron clan. really, veggie haggis of all things!

actually, i quite like it, very spicy (and the only way i could get to have haggis when i was going out with my last gf) it is however, not haggis! :laugh:

You mean they actually make a Vegi Haggis?? LOL--I thought I was making it up. Why bother? I mean, isn't the meats what Haggis is all about? Not that I'd eat the thing....:sick:
  • calatibo
    Options

You mean they actually make a Vegi Haggis?? LOL--I thought I was making it up. Why bother? I mean, isn't the meats what Haggis is all about? Not that I'd eat the thing....:sick:

and what exactly is wrong with a sheep's stomach stuffed with spices, oats and er...offal, yeah, that's a nice way to put it. Honestly, it is fantastic.

Yep, they make veggie haggis ([advert]MacSween's of Edinburgh[/advert]), it's kidney beans, lentils, nuts, vegetables, oatmeal, onions and seasonings, it's a but like nut loaf actually, but spicy
  • shorerider
    Options

and what exactly is wrong with a sheep's stomach stuffed with spices, oats and er...offal, yeah, that's a nice way to put it. Honestly, it is fantastic.

Yep, they make veggie haggis ([advert]MacSween's of Edinburgh[/advert]), it's kidney beans, lentils, nuts, vegetables, oatmeal, onions and seasonings, it's a but like nut loaf actually, but spicy

Oh yeah--offal.....YUMMY! Reminds me of Mike Meyers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer"--"most Scottish food is based on a dare." :laugh:
  • calatibo
    Options

Oh yeah--offal.....YUMMY! Reminds me of Mike Meyers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer"--"most Scottish food is based on a dare." :laugh:

I dare you to try Haggis, you will be as converted to it as Soya Milk.
  • shorerider
    Options
    I dare you to try Haggis, you will be as converted to it as Soya Milk.

SEE--it is based on a dare!!

I think I'll give it a pass. Although my hubby says that since I eat Scrapple, I might as well eat Haggis! I love Scrapple and could eat it by the pound but only have it as a "treat" once a month at church breakfast. It's so high in fat and sodium--and I don't even dare to read the ingredients list anymore or I couldn't eat it. :sick: