Truly In The Fight Of My Life

Options
Today I am in need of a verbal slap.....Yes Im know Im asking for it! but Im currently down 22 lbs and this is about the time that I sabatoge myself and go crazy eating until I gain 5-7 lbs and then have to spend the next 4 weeks losing the same weight!
I dont know why I do this...its like temporary insanity!!!
I need help, prayers, a slap, a reality check, lock jaw, rigamortis of the mouth SOMETHING!
I am truly fighting every urge in my brain to just give in and EAT!
Why does this happen to me when I start seeing REAL success!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont want to look back months from now and think If I would have kept with it I would be at goal! Growing weary!

Replies

• Blondie1984
    Blondie1984 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have always done the same thing as soon as I start feeling great I give in! Just let this be the time that you do not! Think of how proud u will be of yourself. I try and think about the lazy days without energy and how much work it takes to get to the point that working out is a routine. Dont give that up.. Good luck! You can do it!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    It is a strange reflex that I think a lot of us have. I know I do. I think it is that negativity that we tell ourselves we are not worth the effort and that is a hard habit to break - negative head talk. So all I can say is post something on your bathroom mirror, something on your refrigerator and pantry and in your car and office that tells you "I am worth the effort" and just try to start absorbing that message and appreciate the new you that you are becoming!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    try to focus on why you are in this to begin with----its not a temporary thing---you are in this for life--to make your health better forever--not just to lose a few pounds---think about your overall health.

SLAP, SLAP
    KICK-Kick.

Pinching you hard on the arm to bring you back to reality---hope it works.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you, Charlene. Done great the last couple weeks and today, for some reason, I am starving. Just ate breakfast and It had no effect in diminishing my hunger. But...I'm going to ride this out and SO WILL YOU. Tomorrow we'll both be feeling pretty proud of ourselves.
  • kateorgan
    kateorgan Posts: 10
    Options
    Sit down and write a list of all the things that made you unhappy when you were overweight! Then tear it up or burn it! Then write a list of all the things you are going to do when you have reached your goal weight!! And pin it on the fridge, inside your purse an in your bathroom!! By the time you get through that lot the urge to eat will be gone.....Hopefully :-)
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have always done the same thing. Maybe we think we don't deserve it? I'm not sure. I had to fight through it this time, and you can to! Just keep the goal and mental picture in mind. And toot your own horn. Tell people how awesome you are for making the right choices and excercising. I have to! I tell my husband...look at me go! He's finally getting that I need more encouragement and has even started asking if I'm going to workout this evening. All I can say is yes and get right to it. Find your supporters and cheerleaders. Make them support and cheer! Just remember you are worth it!
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    Sit down and write a list of all the things that made you unhappy when you were overweight! Then tear it up or burn it! Then write a list of all the things you are going to do when you have reached your goal weight!! And pin it on the fridge, inside your purse an in your bathroom!! By the time you get through that lot the urge to eat will be gone.....Hopefully :-)

LOVE - LOVE - LOVE This!!!!! Going to do it for myself - oh heck - we should ALL do this! Talk about positive energy!!
    Thank you!
  • mrscjwilson
    mrscjwilson Posts: 252
    Options
    It is a strange reflex that I think a lot of us have. I know I do. I think it is that negativity that we tell ourselves we are not worth the effort and that is a hard habit to break - negative head talk. So all I can say is post something on your bathroom mirror, something on your refrigerator and pantry and in your car and office that tells you "I am worth the effort" and just try to start absorbing that message and appreciate the new you that you are becoming!
    I will do that TODAY! Thank you!
  • mrscjwilson
    mrscjwilson Posts: 252
    Options

SLAP, SLAP
    KICK-Kick.

Pinching you hard on the arm to bring you back to reality---hope it works.

Thanks! LOL
  • DivaDLB
    DivaDLB Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Now I will only say what you already know. You can handle this, you don't want to go back to where you were. You are truly inspirational and motivational to newbies. You have made great progress. Don't make your work harder than it has to be.

Keep you head up momma.

Now here is a slap... SLAP... And a fussy eyebrow ... :huh: and a few unkind words...:grumble:

Now FOCUS!!!!
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    One word: Sabotage....

Some questions to ponder and get brutally honest about:
    1. Why are you afraid of accomplishing your goals?
    2. What pay off do you get by gaining it back - you might have to look deep for this one; is it emotional for instance?
    3. Do you feel not worthy? If so, where does that voice come from?
    4. Are you seeking a quick fix and lack stamina for the long haul?

Tough stuff I know...but you are so worth it!!