Accomplished my first 5k!

Options
ofccat
ofccat Posts: 284 Member
I did a 5k on Saturday and ran the entire thing. Between knee problems and having always hated running this was a huge accomplishment to me. Plus having not run much since having my 2 kids. I also did it a lot faster than I thought. I was prepared to just try and not be last and finish in 40 minutes. Well I finished in 33:59 and could not be happier. If you have ever though of running I highly suggest doing the couch to 5k program and I recommend runningintoshape.com as it has music with it already.

Replies

• FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    That is awesome I am training for one in May. The other day I ran 2.5 miles in about 30 minutes. ( I use the term "ran" loosely as I was doing some hills that I had to walk at times) I am hoping for a sub 40 minutes race day. If it is less than 36 min I will be way happy. Excellent job, you must feel so proud!
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! am running my first 5k on April 10th.. good for you to run when you dont really like it! i have learned to LOVE it.. feels like a bit of freedom from everything else going on in my world....
  • anneid
    anneid Posts: 8
    Options
    That is awesome! I am planning on a 5K in June, but the running it is not what I am thinking, but maybe I will change my mind. I can speed walk it in about 53 minutes, so maybe I could just up the speed a little and run. Too many things jiggle when running, that is what holds me back. Congrats!!!:flowerforyou:
  • ruddyrunner
    Options
    Congratulations! That's awesome.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Congats to you!!!!!!!