Zumba - Wii, PS3 or DVDs

Options
Hi all
I'm sure there will be lots of different opinions out there but I'm hoping to get some guidance on which would be the best format for me to do Zumba.
I already go to two classes a week but would like to do it more often and at home. I'm fortunate in that I have both a PS3 and a Wii available as well as a DVD player but I'm so confused as to what would be the best to buy. Any experience would be so helpful - especially if anyone else has had the opportunity to compare one versus another.

Replies

• tammy200678
    tammy200678 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have it on ps3 and love it easy to follow but a very good workout.different levels for different people I would not trade it for any other form of it
  • peggyalex
    peggyalex Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have the dvds and the one for wii. I love the wii game! the dvd are ok but since there are only 3 different dvds it gets very repetitive!
  • xsupertiffx
    Options
    I have been going to Zumba on Tuesday nights and using Just Dance 2 for my Wii at home. It is easy to follow and great on my arms! I really like that I can have four players with Just Dance since I have two kids that like to play along.
  • mkcalvert
    mkcalvert Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that has the dvd and wii, she said she liked wii better bc the dvd was more like ' instruction' and the wii was more like a class with the up to date music and stuff..
  • josparkle
    josparkle Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Wow, that was fast. Thanks to all of you for taking the time to reply so far. Thinking that the Wii has the edge so far but I was concerned about a review that I read, maybe on Amazon (?), that said the wiimote sensor thing didn'r really monitor so well and fell out of the belt thing. Anyone got any experience of this or any tips to avoid the latter - I can see that that would be irritating.

The Wii game comes out in the UK next friday so it's on pre-order right now and there are some good deals around.
  • josparkle
    Options
    BTW Tammy, what a beautiful photo on your ticker.
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    bumping as I am debating pre-ordering it too!
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I use the WII NFL Trainer, I find it calculates my calories and it breaks things down so it is manageable. It also dropped in price, so it is 39.99.

In general, I find the wii exercise games give you the better bang for your buck. When I finish my NFL trainer program, I am getting the WII Zumba.
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba for the Wii and I love it!! Even doing the Beginner classes has me sweating every time. I’m still only up to the 20 minute Intermediate class….hoping to try the 45 minute Intermediate class soon. The 1st time I did it, the belt kept riding up on me, so since then I wear it a little more at my waist as opposed to my hips. My Wii remote has never fallen out of the belt while using it.

I’m not sure how well it actually registers the moves I am doing (a green dancer on the screen means you’re doing the move correctly, red means you’re not). I try to make it green but for some moves it just doesn’t. I don’t really care about it measuring the moves though, I just care that I am getting a great workout from it :)
  • abunt
    abunt Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi All,
    I bought the Wii zumba and love it, with it you can use multple players, create your own "exercise program" and choose your fitness level. My daughter does it with me so its great inspiration and motivation to keep me going. Since I'm just getting started I need to take mini breaks but the program gives breaks for water oh and did I mention that the music is great. I think its worth the money (paid around $40.00). :happy:
  • OntheSand
    OntheSand Posts: 119
    Options
    I just started the Zumba DVDs and am working with the 20 minute workout and strength training for the time being. I can't do it all just yet, but baby steps, right? :)
  • josparkle
    Options
    Definitely leaning toward the Wii then, currently £22.70 on Amazon.co.uk and Tesco.
    I'd still live to hear a bit more about the DVDs though, lots of amazon reviews saying they can be tricky to follow - and does anyone actually use those shaky rattle things? I'm sure I'd end up flinging them out of the window!
  • tammy200678
    tammy200678 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    BTW Tammy, what a beautiful photo on your ticker.

It is my 4 year old thank you she is my reason for eveything I do along with her daddy