July 17 MFP Runner's club

Options
2»

Replies

• Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    So after reporting about my run..I noticed I had a blister on my right foot! I've only had my new running shoes not even a week..should I get new ones or just take it as me breaking in my new shoes? Ughhhh!

The only thing I can think of is were you wearing a different kind of pairs of socks?
    The reason I'm asking is because I find when I wear a certain kind of socks, I get blisters. I've come to a point that I only wear dry-fit sock when running. It helps me tremendously.

Did you buy your shoes from a running store? They may take them back. Are they the same brand and style as your previous pair?

That's just annoying cuz running shoes aren't cheap.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    well... I have never posted here -- dunno why but completed 4.5 miles today!! Might have to check out the 100 mile challenge.. in a 300 already so, why not?!?!
  • christina31
    christina31 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yesterday ended up being a rest day. I really wanted to get out last night, but the hubby wasn't feeling well. (He forgot to pack a lunch and didn't want to stop and eat) I had already done an hour of cardio and strength training, so I took the night off. The kids were a little upset about it, but they enjoyed playing on the swing set instead.

On another note, I am a very spoiled person! Yesterday while working, my husband stopped off at a used sporting goods store and bought me a new golf club. I'm a lefty and only about 5'3 so it's incredibly difficult to find clubs for me. When he got home, I showed him a heart rate monitor I had been watching on Ebay, and he told me to get it too! So last night, I finally bought a HRM. I can't wait to get it in so I can try that bad boy out. I bought a Bios FP200. It has the chest strap and quite a few features, but was fairly cheap. It was under $30, so if it isn't everything it seems to be, at least it wasn't too expensive.

:heart: Christina
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Today our workout was a 6 mile tempo run. It took me an hour and two minutes to complete it, which was pretty good for me. It sounds like today was a good day of putting in miles for everybody. Good job! Welcome TNT Pete, this is a fun and encouraging group to check in with.

Terry:flowerforyou:
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, everyone.

Just got back from a 6-miler. Man, it was a tough one. Remind me not to run in 95 degree heat at noon. Ugh! :huh:

My time wasn't bad, it was just a struggle.

Good job everyone who ran today - Especially Mireille! Running in the rain is nice, isn't. IKWYM about being insired by the other ladies in the neighborhood. Running seems contagious, doesn't it?
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    OH! Good news for me, that pound and half I gained misterously yesterday, it is gone and it took a half pound with it to. Yeah! :drinker:
    SM

That is great news!:drinker:
    -Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    Options
    So after reporting about my run..I noticed I had a blister on my right foot! I've only had my new running shoes not even a week..should I get new ones or just take it as me breaking in my new shoes? Ughhhh!

Sorry to hear that... What kind of socks do you wear? If you don't have any, I would recommend some dry fit socks. I wear Brooks. They are great!

If you already wear dry fit socks, I would swing back by the running store and get refitted. Maybe they made a boo-boo...:frown:

:heart: -Kechie.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

I get them every time I break in new shoes too. Very annoying! :explode:

Only takes a few runs to get them broke in. Hopefully! :flowerforyou:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    You guys are so awesome that I feel stupid reporting my measley 2 mile slow jogs :cry:

I want to be like you guys when I grow up and jog 4 to 6 miles!:sad:
  • kechiemc
    Options
    You guys are so awesome that I feel stupid reporting my measley 2 mile slow jogs :cry:

I am a new jogger. I started last year. I jogged those same "measley 2 mile slow jogs". Run consistently and you will get better. I promise.:flowerforyou:

-Kechie.

I am so proud of you for getting out there and putting one foot in front of the other.:smooched:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options

I am a new jogger. I started last year. I jogged those same "measley 2 mile slow jogs". Run consistently and you will get better. I promise.:flowerforyou:

-Kechie.

I am so proud of you for getting out there and putting one foot in front of the other.:smooched:

Thank you! I just really started doing this a couple of months ago but I wasn't really consistant until a couple of weeks ago. I started with only being able to jog for 5 minutes straight to 25 minutes straight without stopping. I love it.

I love the feeling I have when i'm jogging, it's like a certain feeling of power. I am really hoping that I can become better and stronger. My body even feels different after jogging!

Thanks for the encouragement!
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Wow, everyone had great runs today. We finally had our Coyote Challenge 10k at work this morning. Well, actually we ended up doing a 10.7k (6.7 miles) We ended up with 10 people doing it. I didn't beat any of the guys, but I didn't expect to! My goal was to do it in less than 90 minutes and I ended up at 84:50. I was happy with that. Hope everyone had a great day. I am going to help my daughter make ice cream in her new ice cream maker... I bought ff half and half so it shouldn't be unhealthy.

Talk to you all later.
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I rested today; however, I did go on a walking tour for an hour and a half in the sultry weather.
  • christina31
    christina31 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Got in from running about 2 hours ago. We got lucky and had a neighbor keep the kids so I didn't have to go alone. No ipod just yet, so runs alone are so much harder! That combined with the fact that my husband is so motivating. I ran about twice the distance I had planned just because we played a little game similar to name that tune. I started off saying "I can keep running to the stop sign" and he answered back with "well I can make it to the light pole" and so on. I hate to lose, so I love the competition! We got in 2 miles, with minimal walking. Not too bad since I'm still working my way up! Congrats to everyone and all those miles logged today!

:heart: Christina
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    just got back from a walk/run with a friend I made at running club. We went for 45 minutes - I don't know how far! My knee and shins are sore tonight and I'm not sure why. We had to run on a different gravely surface last two times. I wonder if that is it. Hope I can do the long run on Saturday.

I'm so glad that there are other "newbies" on this post. I love seeing how far everyone has come and it is inspiring to me that if we just stay with it we can do it!@ :smile: