feeling down

Options
I don't know whats going on. I feel that I can't get motivated. I feel well I just feel blah.
I know that what I am doing with losing weight is important but I just can't get motivated. My knees hurt, I feel boated, and my weight keeps fluxuating so much.
I feel like crying. I am crying as I type this.
I want to suceed in my gols but it seems as if I'm not getting anywhere and that I am just tearing my body apart.

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Well, I would say you are right on track then . . . you gotta rip it down to build it back up. I felt like that for months, have bad knees that always hurt so still feel it just not as badly any longer.
    When you are in the "blah" phase switch your thinking to "one day at a time". Every morning get up and repeat the following:

I create myself with the choices I make each day (Bob Greene~Oprah's trainer)

Don't think about how far you have to go or anything else. Focus on TODAY only, anyone can maintain their dedication to eat healthy and exercise for just one day.

I often have to revert back to this way of thinking myself as we all have those "blah" down times.

If a stubborn "not too young" woman like me can find sucess I am POSITIVE that you can as well.
  • hollyknouse
    hollyknouse Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You can do it and we are here to help. I have days like this every once in a while too. Its a long journey that continues every single day. I can't fix all of those things for you, but I can tell you that if you try to focus on one changing your day around and making it a good day, you will feel so much better. I felt some of the same issues this morning and while talking to a friend I decided I would get every step in that I could today, I will drink at least 14 glasses of water and I will pay better attention to the things that I have let go. Chin up! We are here for you. Feel free to add me as a friend and I will send all of the support and encouragement your way that I possibly can!
  • littlemamajamie
    littlemamajamie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Everyone has blah days you just have to push through it. Try putting your workout clothes on for a while it might just get you going. Also don't weigh yourself very often because your weight will fluctuate even through the day most people weigh once a week. Try some ibuprofen for your knees. Stay positive look in the mirror and tell yourself you are worth it!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    well, first i have to say i read your profile. Army Medic - that is very cool and something you should be SUPER proud of. that's an incredible career and work you do and provide. So just in that sense, you should be very proud.

I would suggest, writing down your goals. and reflect - why you want to lose weight. and then draft small and longer term goals. and how you are going to acheive them. ie. no junk food for 6 days a week. one cheat day per week. exercise 5 times per week.

think about the obstacles you have to over come and how you can remove those road blocks. chip away at it and i bet they won't look so daunting as you write them down.

then read these goals morning and night. post them somewhere that you WILL read all the time.

you have to do this for you - and nobody else.

everyone has tough days or weeks - and i'm betting you are a tough cookie being an army medic.

keep plugging on and stay the course!!! hard work will pay off!
  • roselynsy
    roselynsy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    it takes time hun, we all have those really bad days i had a spell a little while ago lasted four days but felt like forever. if you really want it the motavation will come back and when it is you go at girl. try to only weigh yourself once a week or only log it once a week on the same day. take measurements they maybe changing. but most of all keep your chin up you are not alone. ive lost 18lb now and when i look in the mirrow i still look the same its sole distroying at times but every 0.5lb/1lb/2lb/0.2 pounds every week keep toting up and the time will pass what ever you do. YOU CAN DO THIS GO GO GO.

when i feel down the best thing i can do is some light exercise it starts to make me feel better mayby try 10/20mins of step ups xx
    love and hugs being sent your way
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    Sometimes just thinking of your goals isn't enough to get you remotivated b/c for me anyway - my goal is SO far away it almost seems impossible. What I need to think about is why every single day is important to reaching that goal. A week from now when you look back on today - do you want to say "gosh if only i would have worked harder i could be that much further in my progress" or do you want to say - " gosh i'm so glad i worked hard that day because now look where i am!" This is what i have to think about to get remotivated because when your goal is far in the future it's easy to say - What difference does it make if i mess up today or this week or whatever - when the truth is every day makes a big difference. Also I personally have started weighing only once a month because the scale was driving me crazy and continuously leading me to failure. I haven't weighed in two weeks and won't weigh again until April 1st. The cool thing is in two weeks it will be a big surprize seeing how much i lose, and the harder i work during this time period the better my results will be. Maybe these ideas can help you - whatever you do don't give up! Even if you do have to take a little mental health break - never give up!
  • SueSee
    SueSee Posts: 65
    Options
    I totally understand what you are going through. I am just pulling out of a funk myself.:frown: I've only been here three weeks, and during that time I've lost five pounds, gained one, and then lost that one pound. I've become disgusted, discouraged, and ready to quit. BUT. I somehow just hung in there, and now am more determined than ever to succeed. You can do it. :flowerforyou: Push through this. Remember your reasons for starting this wellness path. Soon you'll feel better, and glad you pushed on.
  • missbeezy
    missbeezy Posts: 198
    Options
    OH honey trust me we all go through this so you are not alone. no matter how bad you feel don't you give up and don't you cry. keep a journal of how you feel each day as you make this lifestyle change and use it to keep pushing. I'm with you all the way girl. I've been at this for a year now and have only gotten 11 lbs off so I know how you feel. Hang in there I'm here for you!!