just wondering

Options
so my daily allowed calories are 1280 and my question is this. After i work out and enter the calories should i be eating those calories or continue to just eat my pre-workout allowed calories. Didn't lose any weight this week and just wondering if maybe this is the reason why..... thanks

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Yep, you got it. MFP already calculates our calorie deficit . . . so when you exercise you do need to eat more. I often don't eat all of my exercise calories, depends on the day, but you do need to eat some of them or the scale will just stop moving. You will need to figure out what works for you but definately eat more!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    You should be eating these calories. MFP is designed that you should be focused on your NET calorie intake. On your homepage there should be this equation:

GOAL FOOD - EXERCISE =NET

Your aim every day is to get your NET calories as close to your GOAL calories as possible.
  • LaurieEReid
    LaurieEReid Posts: 273
    Options
    At that calorie level, you should eat your exercise calories. I suggest that you read the 'pinned' posts at the top of the General and Nutrition forums.
  • smashmay
    smashmay Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was told to eat the cals you burn b/c your body needs that energy to keep your metabolism going strong. But I've known someone who says she doesn't lose any weight if she eats those calories. Confusing, I know.
  • she_elf
    she_elf Posts: 108
    Options
    You should definitely eat back your exercise calories--not doing so could send your body into starvation mode. It's definitely important to eat those calories to keep your metabolism up, and keep your body functioning healthily.
  • ascrof
    ascrof Posts: 34
    Options
    thanks for the quick replies everyone. guess i need to start eating more...