HELP!!!

Options
mfiggs
mfiggs Posts: 155 Member
I got a new balance n4 hrm. I have had no success with this thing. I may sound dumb but at this point I don't care how I sound. I can't get it to work. First night I used it, it did nothing. Last night I got it to read my heart rate the entire time I worked out...I guess the first night the chest strap was not positioned where it should have been. But, everything still read zero. Zero calories burned, zero fat burned, zero everything, but it read my hear rate the whole time? What am I doing wrong...I know I burnt a lot of calories last night. I exercised for 40 min pretty hard!!!! Any insight into what I am doing wrong would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    Did you input all of your specific information? I have a polar and before mine would work I had to enter my stats and wear the chest strap for a certain period so it could find my resting heart rate, then my low and high target numbers? Just a thought... Maybe you should call their customer service number? I know if my chest strap isn't working or in the right place my watch will let me know.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    I don't have one so I can't give a specific suggestion, but I know some require you to tell it to start at the beginning of your workout and stop at the end. I tried to find a manual online but couldn't.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    I got a new balance n4 hrm. I have had no success with this thing. I may sound dumb but at this point I don't care how I sound. I can't get it to work. First night I used it, it did nothing. Last night I got it to read my heart rate the entire time I worked out...I guess the first night the chest strap was not positioned where it should have been. But, everything still read zero. Zero calories burned, zero fat burned, zero everything, but it read my hear rate the whole time? What am I doing wrong...I know I burnt a lot of calories last night. I exercised for 40 min pretty hard!!!! Any insight into what I am doing wrong would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

i have that one...its simply...ready? :D

hit the start/stop button when you start exercising. hit start/stop button when youre done. VOILA :D
  • rachpiper720
    Options
    My HRM has a timer on it and if you don't start the timer, then it won't start counting calories even though it will read your heart rate. It sounds like yours might have a timer or a chronograph you need to start to start it logging calories burned. Good luck!
  • mfiggs
    Options
    You know I am naturally a blonde and I guess it shows...lol! I figured it would be something as simple as that, but the manual sucks and not much direction in it! I will try this tonight and hopefully no problems...thanks to everyone so much!:happy:
  • mfiggs
    Options

i have that one...its simply...ready? :D

hit the start/stop button when you start exercising. hit start/stop button when youre done. VOILA :D
    Thanks logical answer...should have thought of that but didn't...thanks so much for your help!
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Glad you figured it out. A HRM is a must have to accurately count calories burned.