Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Perspective?

shashod
shashod Posts: 103
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone else finds that perspective can affect your weight loss?

What I mean is do you find that concentrating on what you have left to lose to get to your goal can sometimes affect your current progress? Is it better to concentrate on the your past success?

I recently added a ticker to my signature and I had it set to display "XXlbs to go" and I think that has been affecting my progress the last few days! So today I changed my ticker to display "XXlbs lost".

Replies

• shashod
    Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone else finds that perspective can affect your weight loss?

What I mean is do you find that concentrating on what you have left to lose to get to your goal can sometimes affect your current progress? Is it better to concentrate on the your past success?

I recently added a ticker to my signature and I had it set to display "XXlbs to go" and I think that has been affecting my progress the last few days! So today I changed my ticker to display "XXlbs lost".
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    I think perspective affects your mood which in turn influences the choices you make. I know that if I am in a bad mood I tend not to eat as healthy or work out as hard.
  • Minerva
    Minerva Posts: 79 Member
    Its taken me 2 years to lose the weight that I have lost. If I concentrate on how much more I need to lose (40), I get REALLY depressed and unmotivated. Sometimes when that happens I look at some of the people on this website who have lost so much more (99 lbs, etc.) and it gives me a boost. If they can do it, then I can too. :smile:
  • shashod
    Yeah, I see what you mean. When I look at someone's profile I don't look to see how much more they want to lose, rather how much they've already lost and how amazingly well they've done.

Here's to being positive :drinker:
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    I love when you click finish for the day and it say if every day was like today you will be xxx by xx/xx/xx.
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Its taken me 2 years to lose the weight that I have lost. If I concentrate on how much more I need to lose (40), I get REALLY depressed and unmotivated. Sometimes when that happens I look at some of the people on this website who have lost so much more (99 lbs, etc.) and it gives me a boost. If they can do it, then I can too. :smile:

I agree, if I focus on how much I've lost I'm really proud and feel good about myself. When I focus on how far I have to go I get a little discouraged. When I'm discouraged it's easier to talk myself out of exercising or into eating something I don't really need or want. I do think attitude or will power is more than half the battle. Quite a while back, Banks posted on will-power. I think it said it all.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    I try to think of it as a huge accomplishment just sticking to my plan day to day. Also, I am a big fan of being proud of my success thus far and I am actually EXCITED about what is to come. I only have 27 lbs left that I want to lose, and I just can't wait to be that weight. I think perspective definately has a lot to do with weight loss. If you feel crummy all the time and discouraged, the chances of you sticking with any diet or healthy fitness plan are slim. So, get excited!!! lol I love being on this site and watching everyone lose weight with me, it's awesome :)
This discussion has been closed.