What's your strength training routine

Options
i've been focusing mostly on cardio since december and now i want to get back into strength training. what's your routine like? i'm looking to create one for myself and need some ideas :smile:

Replies

• HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    I use a resistance bands for my arms and a weighted hula hoop for my mid section. Those are my "saggy" areas. Because I run and use a stepper my legs don't really need toning. I'm only looking for tone though, not bulk. Bulk looks good on some girls... I am not one of them.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    2x20 push-ups
    2x20 squats (with a weight if it's too easy)

2 each of 15-20 reps lat pulls, chest press, biceps curls, shoulder press. Push yourself to the heaviest weight you can manage.
  • shagybear33
    shagybear33 Posts: 272
    Options
    i just started Tom Venuto's - Burn the Fat program.

It's a 3 day split routine. For example, last nite I worked my chest, back, and abs.

Tonite I think it's Biceps, Triceps and Shoulders.

I use fairly heavy weights so that I can only do 10-12 reps of each exercise. I do three circuts. By the time I'm finished, I am SORE!! But it's fairly short. The last time I did this program I saw amazing results in a short amount of time!

I believe you can get the e-book online. And I think if you search well enough, you might be able to find a free copy somewhere! :D