How many hours of sleep do you get?

Options
I know sleep helps with weight loss so how much shut eye do you get? I have bouts of insomnia so sometimes I get only a few hours.. but I have been slowly changing my bedtime earlier.. average now is about 6.5 hours.

Replies

• loganaw
    loganaw Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I think I generally get about 5 hours a night. :\
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    That's my average too... I get 8 on the weekend and about 6 during the week... been tracking it for a couple of weeks now :)
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    i get on average 6 hours per night
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I have really bad insomnia as well, try taking melitonin. On a good night I get 6.5 hours and on a bad night about 2 hours.
    But fridays is my day to make it all up(I'm off work then) and I get around 9 or 10 hours, it helps me gt throught the rest o f the week knowing I'll get a good nights sleep at lest one night!
  • cast59
    cast59 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    They say you should get at least 8 hours a night. But most people dont get that much.
    You are working at getting more so thats good. Keep trying.
  • ohohraptor
    ohohraptor Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    At least 8 hours every night. Any less and I am cranky.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    7 - 8
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Probably 7 on a good night. And yes it is important to your overall wellbeing!
  • rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I get about 7 during the week.
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I average 7 hours. :) Any more or less and I feel way too sluggish.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    at least 8
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Between 6 and 8, depends. Frequently interupted, have hubby with sleep issues that roams the house at night and a cat that sometimes just wants to purr in my ear. LoL
  • Cathy92
    Cathy92 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I usually get 6 to 7 hours, but am trying to get more. I've started going to bed earlier.
  • amcswain01
    amcswain01 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    6.5-8 depending on how much my husband's snoring wakes me up or how often one of my kids end up in my room.
  • rosiesparkle100
    Options
    I am learning the art of sleep thanks to my boyfriend who is an expert at it. I now get anywhere between 7 and 9 hours a night, whereas i used to get 6-7 before. I find if I have had enough sleep I am much less hungry in the day. Last night i giot less than 7 and have been STARVING all day. Sleep: I can't believe I underrated it so badly!
  • Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 7-9, during the week, though usually over 8 at least. Of course I have no kids and no pets and a job that doesn't start super early. But I worry that I get too much sleep, since I never feel particularly energized, no matter how healthy my diet is and how much exercise I get. Actually seeing the doctor about it today.

Can you be tired from too much sleep?
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I need 9 to feel good and alert all day. And I am generally in bed for that long each night. Lack of sleep is a big trigger for me. I soothe with food when I sleep deprived. but, since my daughter has not slept through the night in about 3 months, now (and I am easily awakened and prone to insomnia bouts also), I probably get around 6.5 highly interrupted hours of sleep every night.
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Usually a good night is about 5.5 hours (11pm-5:30am) but I have children and a dog and mild insomnia so it is usually less that that most nights. On weekends I might get 7 hours because I don't have to get the kids up for school so early :tongue:
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    8 most every night, and still sleep 10-12 hours on the weekend!