New to Fitnesspal =)

Options
Hi everyone! I'm in Phenix City AL or the Columbus GA area and I am new to fitnesspal, but I'm not new to excersize or trying to diet. I have never tried a food diary before but so far so good it seems pretty simple to do. I am wondering since I love to cook how I am going to enter my recipies that call for a scoop of this or a dash of that into the calorie counter?? Any other foodies have luck with that? I hoping to find at least one good workout buddy! Hope everyone is having a great week!

XOXOXOXO

Me =)

Replies

• popsicle33
    popsicle33 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Radgirl:
    I love to cook too. I have discovered if you use the "handful" - "dash" - or "eyeballing" method of cooking, you may need to find an approximate measurement, since the site counts the calories quite specifically. "Salt to taste" was always a conundrum for me. You might thrown your version of "scoop" into a measuring cup and see how much it is.

I do like the fact that we can add our own recipes and see how the nutritional info works out.

You will DEFINITELY find more than one workout buddy here. Lots of friendly support.
    Amy from Albuquerque
  • RadGirl2013
    Options
    Thanks for the 411 Amy! I really appreciate the advice and the motivation! Good luck with your goals!