News Feed

Options
Liatush
Liatush Posts: 627 Member
How does MFP determine which of your friends show up on your news feed? I noticed that there are friends that are very active and post frequently, but for some reason, some posts never make it to my feed... Is this happening to everyone?

Replies

• kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Each user can determine what information they want to be displayed in the news feed so those with minimal postings may have their settings to omit many postings. You can do this at MY HOME/SETTINGS/AUTOMATIC NEWS FEED UPDATES
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Kao is exactly right. For example, I only show my weight loss posts, status updates, blogs, and exercise and diary posts. I hide everything else even though I'm on the site all day posting on messageboards and people's pages. ;)
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    haha... so this is the case of, its not me, its them? lol

But I dont think they are hiding them - I see other people's comments on weight loss for example... I just feel bad when it doesn't show up because I feel like I am not supporting them even though I want to...
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Oh, try this:

At the top of your news feed there is a link that says SUMMARY or VIEW ALL UPDATES. Try clicking VIEW ALL UPDATES if that's not what is clicked. ;)