I have a question....?

mssugarca
mssugarca Posts: 75
edited September 25 in Chit-Chat
Ok so I have been reading around topics and blogs and I often see people respond with just one simple word...

Bump

I tried to figure out what it means but dont seem to be down the MFP slang yet....can someone please tell me what it means when someone replies

Bump?

Thanks

Replies

• nomoremuffintop42
    nomoremuffintop42 Posts: 129 Member
    i think it means to keep the topic alive.....bumps it up to the top again?? that's my guess:)
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    a lot of people will say "bump" to bring the topic back up on the first page so they remember to check it back later.

It's just a way to keep it going. They don't actually have a response to the question but they want it either answered more, or they want to check back on it so by just posting "bump" it puts it back to the top of the forums (as if it's been responded to) and more people will see it.
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    apparently if they like the topic and type Bump it allows it to stay in the top forum posts for longer so more people get a chance to view it
  • yep exactly to keep the topic on top or up there
  • jppolito
    jppolito Posts: 6
    Bump just moves it to the top of the list, since it has been responed to most resent.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    People may also bump it so that it shows up in their MY TOPICS section if they want to come back and see the other responses later. Just basically a way to bookmark it for easier access later!
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    What kao said is exactly what I was going to say!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    what Kao said and you can remember this
    B ring
    U p
    M y
    P ost.
  • People may also bump it so that it shows up in their MY TOPICS section if they want to come back and see the other responses later. Just basically a way to bookmark it for easier access later!

This is why I do it, especially on recipe posts.
  • mssugarca
    mssugarca Posts: 75
    Thanks for that guys....just didnt know what that was about....I get stuff....:) happy day people
  • Jon_Rod
    Jon_Rod Posts: 158
    Thanks for posting this. I wondered the same thing....:wink:
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bump

BUMP to bring up somebody's post typically by posting the word "bump" on a message board
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    btw bump lol
  • fitmomma23
    fitmomma23 Posts: 94 Member
    Thank you for asking! I was wondering the same thing and was going to post something like this too! Thanks
This discussion has been closed.