Hello My Fitness Pal Friends!! My intro :)

Options
Hi everyone!

I want to start by saying how much I love this website and all the positive support and vibes I get here. I love reading people's success stories, advice, tips, and everything in the forums here. It is so uplifting to know there are many people in the world going through the same things I am :) Here is a little about me:

I have been doing the MFP plan for 9 weeks now. I am 25 years old, 5'4" and started at 215 lbs. I have been conveniently ignoring my weight gain through the years, and telling myself I loved myself just the way I was. But I had gotten to the point where I was walking around in a size 18 pant and wondering where the body I used to know had gone. In high school (8 years ago), I was an athletic size 4 girl without a care in the world. I want to be her again. I have worked so hard to develop the person I am on the inside throughout my education and life, and I want the person I am on the outside to reflect the inner confidence I feel.

I am happy to report that I have had a lot of success in the 9 weeks I have been with with MFP. I am down to 194 lbs. I am wearing a size 14 instead of 18. (My bra size has gone from a 38 D to a 36 C...which I have mixed feelings about...but ultimately smaller is better I suppose.) Most importantly, I have a new found feeling of confidence and hope that I haven't felt in a long time. It has been so long since I have seen the scale actually DROP weight. For the last 8 years, all I have seen is an increase.

I would really like to make some friends on MFP. I have great support in my life from my friends, family, and my wonderful husband (who himself is a MFP user thanks to prompting from his lovely wife..), but I would love to have an even bigger support system of people who really know what an emotional roller coaster this is.

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just sent you an add.

This is such a great, supportive place! I love having the accountability factor :-) I'm losing slowly but surely, but now that I'm exercising I am definitely changing shape faster than the scale is reporting!
  • themrsbriggs
    themrsbriggs Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    welcome :)
  • KTGator
    KTGator Posts: 78
    Options
    Welcome! And congrats on the success you've had already! =) Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • az1cowgirl
    Options
    Hello and welcome. Congratulations on your weight loss. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Linda in Arizona!