ranch

Options
Okay, I LOVE ranch. I put it on my salad, use it to dip things, and put it on EVERYTHING. I don't know what to replace it with! Any suggestions??

Replies

• cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    How about lite versions, or even the fat free versions? Or Use fat free sour cream, and add similar spices yourself, and make it homemade, with lower sodium as well.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    There's a ranch spritzer spray near the salad dressings at the market with like 2 calories per spray.

Olive Oil and Vinegar are great too.

Your taster will change eventually to crave the healthy stuff. :D
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    How about lite versions, or even the fat free versions? Or Use fat free sour cream, and add similar spices yourself, and make it homemade, with lower sodium as well.

Stay away fromt he Fat Free they are full of Chemicals and sugar. You would be better off eating the Regular but less. Also try plain greek yogurt with a tsp or two of the ranch dip mix in for a veggies dip low in fat anf full of protein. Also I use light hidden vally ranch on my salads or evoo with lemon. Just use less of the light or the serving size as your cutting back
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options

I love Hidden Valley Lite. I hate fat free ranch, but the lite is almost half the cals of regular and really good not bland like other stuff.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Read your Lables before you buy something!Make sure you can read the ingredients and that are no added chemicals or sugars.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    I use ranch a lot too but switched to a light/fat free version so I don't feel guilty. I'll have it the odd time with carrots, and for some reason it HAS to go on my salad if I have a little bit of cheese on it. And pizza. Oh what a mortal enemy.. pizza and ranch.-.-
  • lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    Options
    Ranch is my absolute favorite, too! I think the low fat, etc. versions are awful, so I take out what I want from the regular ranch & add an equal part of water. Mix it together really well & it tastes great without all the calories/fat.:bigsmile:
  • magdalena1976
    magdalena1976 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My weakness is Hidden Valley Ranch dressing, but it has soooo many calories! So I buy Litehouse Light Ranch (I tried several light dressings to compare flavors..) then I mix my dressings: one tablespoon "regular" and one tablespoon "lite"... It tastes better than just light ranch by itself.