Newbie here

Options
I am new here. I joined MFP about two weeks ago. I have been lurking in these forums but decided I would join in and be a part of this community.

I decided to lose weight because to be honest I needed to. I am a police officer, and when I graduated the academy in 1996, I weighed 155 lbs. That was toooo thin, and I do not want to drop down to that weight. I am 6 feet tall.

Due to my many work assignments, I started to neglect my body and my health. I grew to 220 Lbs. A doctors visit, and somebody calling me fat, gave me all the motivation I needed to lose weight. I grabbed myself by the boot straps and started to eat much healthier, and workout.

Over the past two months I dropped 25 Lbs. It came off quick at first, but now it seems to be dropping about 2-3 Lbs a week, and I am O.K. with that.

I have been reading the success stories, and looking at the pictures. I have to tell you. You all are an amazing group of people. With the help of this community, I know I will achieve my goals, and I know you will too. Thanks a bunch.

Replies

• jpritts
    jpritts Posts: 36
    Options
    I am new here. I joined MFP about two weeks ago. I have been lurking in these forums but decided I would join in and be a part of this community.

I decided to lose weight because to be honest I needed to. I am a police officer, and when I graduated the academy in 1996, I weighed 155 lbs. That was toooo thin, and I do not want to drop down to that weight. I am 6 feet tall.

Due to my many work assignments, I started to neglect my body and my health. I grew to 220 Lbs. A doctors visit, and somebody calling me fat, gave me all the motivation I needed to lose weight. I grabbed myself by the boot straps and started to eat much healthier, and workout.

Over the past two months I dropped 25 Lbs. It came off quick at first, but now it seems to be dropping about 2-3 Lbs a week, and I am O.K. with that.

I have been reading the success stories, and looking at the pictures. I have to tell you. You all are an amazing group of people. With the help of this community, I know I will achieve my goals, and I know you will too. Thanks a bunch.
  • cnolovechild
    cnolovechild Posts: 179
    Options
    Agreed! This community is a wonderful place to keep your motivation up! Good luck with your weightloss goals!
  • kaitlyn08
    kaitlyn08 Posts: 6
    Options
    you found the right place =)
    this site is great for making yourself responsible for what you're eating, but it's even more amazing that people on here give you the support that is NECESSARY for getting to where you want to be.
    best wishes to you!
  • sassytml81
    Options
    Hello and welcome:flowerforyou: ! I love MFP. :heart:
  • maw03hinney
    Options
    Hello, I just joined, where can I look to find the right kind of food to eat??