If everyday were like today.....

Options
I don't know about anyone else, but after weeks of staying the same weight, I want to kill that little thing that pops up after logging for the day that says " If everyday were like today you'd weigh [blank] in 5 weeks.

Ok, just needed to get that off my chest.:happy:

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but after weeks of staying the same weight, I want to kill that little thing that pops up after logging for the day that says " If everyday were like today you'd weigh [blank] in 5 weeks.

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered if it will be an accurate prediction of where I'll be in 5 weeks, because I can't imagine I'll lose that much weight in so few weeks.
  • jamster
    jamster Posts: 38
    Options
    I love that thing! It shows what we can accomplish if we really stick to it. Seeing that number makes me want to push harder! I hope I'll be at that weight in 5 weeks..that would be awesome! It says I'd lose 10-14 lbs. Which is totally doable.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    It's not accurate because not every day will be like today. You will either be retaining or losing water weight and other body matter; your calories will vary; your exercise will vary; etc. etc. etc. etc. i don't even pay attention to it.
  • Emdicio
    Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    It's not accurate because not every day will be like today. You will either be retaining or losing water weight and other body matter; your calories will vary; your exercise will vary; etc. etc. etc. etc. i don't even pay attention to it.

+1, I find it annoying and misleading. If would be terrific if it used your last 7 days calorie log AND your weigh in history as a basis for projection.
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    lol, i've never seen that...
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I love that thing! It shows what we can accomplish if we really stick to it. Seeing that number makes me want to push harder! I hope I'll be at that weight in 5 weeks..that would be awesome! It says I'd lose 10-14 lbs. Which is totally doable.

The problem is it doesn't take into account "hitting a wall". I've been doing everything right and working out but I haven't seen a significant loss in weeks. It's very easy to get frustrated and give up when according to that I should be losing and I am not.
  • pack533
    pack533 Posts: 224
    Options
    I have also been at the same weight for the last 3 weeks and finally today when I weighed, I lost 5 pounds. Hang in there and it will pay off for you.:flowerforyou: I know that it is very discouraging when you do not lose for weeks.:angry: Are you losing any inches? That makes a hugh difference also.

Hang in there.

Toni
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options

Oh my gosh I am soo with you!!! None of my days are the same..and I get my hopes up by seeing that darn thing tell me in five weeks I could be at 135 lbs .. Such a tease I tell ya!