I'm new and ready to get started

kwhit
kwhit Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hello all- I just started to day and love tracking my food and calories intake- the exercise is a little daunting because of my low back pain. I am afraid of doing anything that will cause inflammation or stress in that area, basically I have been walking on the treadmill and doing some pool therapy- anyone have any ideas that would help please let me know. Thanks:wink:

Replies

• kwhit
    kwhit Posts: 2
    Hello all- I just started to day and love tracking my food and calories intake- the exercise is a little daunting because of my low back pain. I am afraid of doing anything that will cause inflammation or stress in that area, basically I have been walking on the treadmill and doing some pool therapy- anyone have any ideas that would help please let me know. Thanks:wink:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Welcome to the group. Its an awesome place to come when you need support.

Good luck:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • agralston
    agralston Posts: 31
    Welcome.

I have suffered lower back pain for quite a few years. You should definitely stay away from the treadmill because it is high impact. I have found that spinning is great because it is very low impact, gives you a great cardio workout, and works on your core, which strengthens your lower back. The elliptical works well too. Streching is very important too. Pilates and yoga are great classes for this.

Secondly, I noticed the frequency of the flare ups greatly dropped when I lost 25lbs and took that weight off of my lower back. So excercise and diet are EXTREAMLY important to lower back issues.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.