Non-weight loss related but need ideas!

Options
thefreemans28
thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
My son turns 1 in 2 weeks and I need ideas for his Dr. Seuss themed birthday party. We have all the decorations and everything, but I need help coming up with ideas for food that are Dr. Seuss related. We aren't doing a full meal, just snacks. What I want to be able to do is print out little copies of the front of a Dr. Seuss book to put in front of the food and make them correlate so the food matches the book. Here's what I have so far, but I really want other ideas. I was trying to find a way to do a cheese or fruit tray or something, but can't think of any Dr. Seuss books with that incorporated... Please throw out all the ideas you have so I can add/remove from my current list!

mini turkey and ham salad sandwiches, to which I will pair with deviled eggs that have green food coloring in the egg mixture for Green Eggs and Ham.

Animal crackers for If I Ran the Circus

Goldfish crackers for One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Turtle Candies for Yertle the Turtle

Peanuts and mixed nuts for Horton Hears a Who

Blue punch for McElligots Pool

Soda pop for Hop on Pop

Cake and Ice cream (obviously) for Cat in the Hat (the cake is a 3d cat face with the hat)

Replies

• dnostergard
    Options
    Swedish Fish might also work for one fish two fish, since they are different colors.
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    swedish fish are gummy though. i am not sure if little kids are going to be able to chew those.The Yink in ?One Fish, Two Fish? love to drink pink ink. Make your own version by combining a few strawberries (either fresh, or frozen and thawed) and some milk in a blender. Add a few drops of red food coloring if the ?ink? isn?t pink enough.
    •Create an edible centerpiece using a Styrofoam cone that has cheese cubes stuck into it with toothpicks (cheese trees from "Fox in Socks").
    •Ask party guests to wear and show their funniest socks for "The Foot Book".
    •Serve ABC cutout cookies for "Dr. Seuss's ABC". Or let young children help you with cutting them out as a party activity.
    •Serve ice cream sundaes called Schlopp ("The Thinks You Can Think"). They must be served with a cherry on top!.
    •Offer a tray of bananas, apples, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and milk so they can have a snack with Brown and Black from "Hop on Pop".
  • thefreemans28
    Options
    Wow Squeaktones! You act like you've done this before ;-) Thanks for all the awesome ideas!!
  • thefreemans28
    Options
    By the way, I'm totally doing the Cheese Trees! I can't believe I didn't think of that myself!!