Cingular Weight Loss Plan??? :)

Options
Once a week I meet up with a friend who works down town and we go for a two hour walk and stop somewhere new and yummy for dinner. It's such a fantastic way to get in some good girl chat, enjoy a new restaurant, and get some good exercise! I live in Portland, OR and this city is such a great place to walk! We have all of downtown, the huge river that runs right through it to walk around (across the bridge, down the floating sidewalks, and back over again), Forest and Washington Park that are easily able to be walked to from down town that have trails and are absolutely beautiful, and so much more! And those are only the places downtown!!! My friend and I are planning hikes at the falls, other parks with trails, and more while the rainy season is over for a while.

Anyway...I got WAYYYY off track here...My point was that we ended up walking for 3 hours 15 minutes last night, about 9 miles, and 915 calories (figured about 3 mph). I figured that my dinner was 667 calories (a beer, salad rolls, lettuce cups, and a little peanut sauce). So, after yesterday's long walk and dinner I still had 397 calories left. I figured that, since my body isn't on a clock and doesn't know that I didn't get up to work out this morning because my hips are too sore I can carry over those 397 calories (like Cingular cell service lets you carry over additional minutes from month to month) into today. Has anyone else tried this approach when necessary? That's a lot of extra calories and I sure as heck wasn't going to eat them when I got home at 11:30 last night!

Replies

• kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Once a week I meet up with a friend who works down town and we go for a two hour walk and stop somewhere new and yummy for dinner. It's such a fantastic way to get in some good girl chat, enjoy a new restaurant, and get some good exercise! I live in Portland, OR and this city is such a great place to walk! We have all of downtown, the huge river that runs right through it to walk around (across the bridge, down the floating sidewalks, and back over again), Forest and Washington Park that are easily able to be walked to from down town that have trails and are absolutely beautiful, and so much more! And those are only the places downtown!!! My friend and I are planning hikes at the falls, other parks with trails, and more while the rainy season is over for a while.

Anyway...I got WAYYYY off track here...My point was that we ended up walking for 3 hours 15 minutes last night, about 9 miles, and 915 calories (figured about 3 mph). I figured that my dinner was 667 calories (a beer, salad rolls, lettuce cups, and a little peanut sauce). So, after yesterday's long walk and dinner I still had 397 calories left. I figured that, since my body isn't on a clock and doesn't know that I didn't get up to work out this morning because my hips are too sore I can carry over those 397 calories (like Cingular cell service lets you carry over additional minutes from month to month) into today. Has anyone else tried this approach when necessary? That's a lot of extra calories and I sure as heck wasn't going to eat them when I got home at 11:30 last night!
  • tpdance
    tpdance Posts: 21
    Options
    i think you will be all good. :-)

You can also look at your total intake and expenditure on a weekly basis, not just daily. It works fine both ways. Hope that helps!
  • Nana27
    Nana27 Posts: 77
    Options
    I sure do wish that was the way it works but somehow I doubt it:grumble: Sounds like a beautiful place to walk and a wonderful way to catch up! I just started July 1st and am finding there is plenty to eat and I don't mind the exercise as much as I thought I would. Keep your thinking cap on. LOL

74015.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter