so im guessing breakfast is a no go for me now

2»

Replies

• janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Brekky - I would suggest muesli, or Dorset cereals or make your own Muesli. Muesli has oats in it, and for people with food issues and hypoglycemia it works wonders. 1/4 cup of Dorset cereal (avail at Whole Foods) and .5 cups of milk and that will keep you full for hours.
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    If you have issues with controlling blood sugar, and it looks like you might, based on your description, then eating any carbohydrate will make your blood sugar go down fast and create an insulin response: that's the hunger feeling you are having. If that is meant by "your metabolism kicking in" then everyone is quite correct that is happening. The thing then would be to control the insulin response and keep it even: this you can do by either fasting (as you were doing: skipping breakfast) or by reducing carbohydrates severely in the foods you eat for breakfast, for instance start with a zero carb protein shake. Maybe you are already looking at how many carbohydrates you eat, but there lies the key, I think. I take your statement that you are "a food addict" to mean that you have a very marked blood sugar - insulin - hunger response that pushes you into a cycle of starving and eating during the day.
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    so i decided to eat breakfast everyday for the past two months with a bit of carbs protein and such. all it has done for me is make me hungrier thur out the day. what gives??? so today i skipped breakfast ate my old routine and im not starving today???? so breakfast maybe the most important for some. but not for this chicka. any thoughts why that maybe?? come to think of it when i was fat i was always hungry after i ate breakfast too and snacked all day. it like sweets if i dont eat it i dont crave i eat it and the monster awakes ugh losing weight is hard but keeping it off sometimes feel like one of those puzzles noone actually can guess the answer to.................:indifferent:

Just skip breakfast. I do it everday.

www.leangains.com
This discussion has been closed.