Looking for HELP!!

Options
Hi,

I started MFP a couple of weeks ago to keep track of my kcal intake. I have cut down alot on the amount I eat - esp sweets, cheese and chocolate ( I still eat a fair bit of chocolate but try to burn it off!) I ate mostly fried, fatty foods and alot of red meat. I also cut down vastly on my alcohol intake.

I have quite a sedentary lifestyle - desk job, so I go to the gym 4-5 times a week. In the gym I do cardio - running, cross-trainer and bike and some weights also, my kcal burn totals 400-500 each time excluding weights.

My question is that I have been working very hard for the past 6 weeks and have only lost a couple of pounds, my measurements are also the same as when I started.

Am I doing something wrong?! Am I doing too much or my kcals still too high? I can cut down more but am afraid of going into starvation mode.
I don't have much to loose - I have a healthy BMI as is but really want to get into the bikini for summer!

Oh and I drink at least two liters of water per day - water is the only liquid I drink, except one cup of coffee in the morning.

Help or suggestions would really be appreciated as Im at a loss as to what to do now

Replies

• ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    keep at it hun. it took 70 pounds before anyone even notice i lost weight and then they said "oh have you lost a bit of weight?" lol i was fat but massive if you know what i mean mean i drop pounds all day long but you can forget inches they took a million years to catch up so i feel your pain if your anything like me than it will be the last to show. that why i will never understand why people complain of just inches and not pounds nobody an see your scale number but inches DO show so what to complain about?? hugs and hang in there
  • Nadine32
    Nadine32 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am the same way, I have 12lbs left to go and it has been 3 months since I have seen any movement on the scale or the measuring tape. The internet says to do HIT or try high cal days, then low cal days... Hope that helps!
  • unlocke
    unlocke Posts: 149
    Options
    Calories count, but it's also the type of calories you take in. For a good chocolate fix without the high fat and calories, try one of the 40 calorie fudge popsicles or a 60 calorie jello pudding cup. I eat those, but only as a reward after a good hard workout. If I don't work out, I don't get one.
    Also, stay away from breads, pasta, dairy, sugar and salt as much as possible. All these are hard on women who are trying to lose. Keep up the hard work. Sounds like you're on the right track!
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary, and it appears that you're not eating enough. You want to come as close to your calorie allowance as possible without going over. Also, are you drinking enough water? Maybe try to cut back on the quick and easy processed foods and eat more fruits and veggies. Hope this helps!
  • srrosenbalm
    srrosenbalm Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Try mixing up some "sculpting" workouts in with your cardio. Mainly anything that will target your midsection, butt, legs(thighs). Those start to get you toned and give you more of a shape. This helps with seeing results in your measurements.
  • klish
    klish Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try switching up your workouts. Do something that you never do or have never done. Your muscle starts to remember and even if you are going to the gym that often you will not see change. I am also at a plateau but it doesn't sound like I work as hard as you. I changed my calorie intake and started exercising and I have only lost 8 lbs in 3 months. It will get better!
  • amelie21
    amelie21 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone :D I already do the HIT a couple of times a week - I'm going to up it to the 4 or 5 times a week. And i'll join a pilates class and hope that gets me somewhere!

I drink an awful lot of water - thats defiantly not the problem and eat a fair amount of veggies - don't log them unless they are carby starchy like potatoes. I just log the fruit due to the sugar count.

I am going to try eat as close to my calorie allowance for the next 2 weeks and see how I get on, if that makes a difference. If not then I will try eating lots one day and not alot the next, maybe that'l give my body the kick start it needs!

Thanks a mill for your replies everyone! :love:
  • taureanbeauty293
    taureanbeauty293 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I was going to suggest getting closer to your calorie goal, especially if you work out 5 days a week- seems like other people got that covered though! :wink:

Wish you the best of luck- I always tell myself chocolate isn't going to leave the planet as extra motivation- and dark chocolate granola thins are pretty dang good too.
  • amelie21
    amelie21 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I was going to suggest getting closer to your calorie goal, especially if you work out 5 days a week- seems like other people got that covered though! :wink:

Wish you the best of luck- I always tell myself chocolate isn't going to leave the planet as extra motivation- and dark chocolate granola thins are pretty dang good too.

I will never ever give up chocolate! I gave up the burgers, chips, cheese, butter, white bread, my lovely fry-ups, potatoes & alcohol.
    The chocolate stays!:mad: