question about exercise calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    spreading them out throughout the day is the best plan overall but in a crunch a handful of almonds/peanuts that are unsalted or add some greek yogurt in there will help lots.

Yes. Just plan your exercise into your day along with your meals. People get stuck a lot trying to figure out how to eat back the calories at the end of the day, when if you plan your meal and snack calories with exercise calories in mind, it’s so much easier. You also feel better. And, it’s lot less easy to skip your workout if you already know you need the burn to balance out your calories in - calories out equation.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I have halloumi wraps a lot. The halloumi is high in salt, but the rest of my diet is very low, so it's not a problem. grilled halloumi lite, rocket leaves and chili jam, in a wholemeal wrap. It's 400 cals and very well balanced nutritionally.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    My husband and I had this conversation last night while I was excitedly showing him around MyFitnessPal. He kept asking, "But why are you eating so many calories if you want to lose weight?" A frustrated 10 minutes of trying to explain to him net calories vs starvation mode and I was ready to throttle him. He, having incredible self-control and will-power, can hold his calories down to a ridiculous number when he's trying to lose the pound or two that creeps up on him. Doesn't matter (to him) that he becomes grumpy, whiny, and hard to be around.

Good thing I love him or I'd have to add him to my meal plan as protein.
    lol this made me laugh.

HAHA me too!
  • atrayubrandy
    atrayubrandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to hijack this post but I have a similar question. I'm 159lbs right now and I want to get down to 135. I completely understand that we are supposed to be eating back our exercise calories. I've been on MFP since January and I've been eating all of my calories (including exercise calories) and have lost 10 lbs but for the past month or so I've stalled and actually started to gain a little bit. So, I have decided to just focus on eating really nutritious, high protein, vegetable and fruit based meals. I have 6 meals a day but I'm still at around 1200-1300 calories total. The only problem is that I try to workout every day. Since switching my focus to just eating healthier, I've started losing again. I'd be all for adding extra calories so long as they were from a healthy source but I seriously can't eat another bite. So, should I stop exercising? Or should I just let things be since my body seems to be adapting to the calorie deficit just fine?
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    switching gears to a clean diet like you have will most likely drop the grand total of cals you are eating, I would supplement with some almonds and nuts in general to help you maintain that cal count. Sometimes the body needs a shake up to start the weight loss going again once you hit a plateau which is good and at least you did it smart. I love to hear from people who do that. I had a hard time eating my cal goals when I switched to a much cleaner diet so it was a learning curve for me and I slowed my weight loss down to the recommended 1 to 1.5 a week intentionally. Just make sure that you are getting a little extra protein in there to prevent the body from eating its own muscle.
  • atrayubrandy
    atrayubrandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'll do that. :-)