When is it hardest.....

♥jewel♥
♥jewel♥ Posts: 839
edited September 25 in Chit-Chat
For you to stop eating? I find that once I have finished my lunch, no matter how big or how small it is, I always want more. Is this just me, or do feel like you can't stop after a particular meal too?

Replies

• RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    I have been doing great the last couple weeks. Averaging 1200 calories or less a day. Today, though, is awful. I am so hungry. Worst day ever.

Normally, evenings are the worst.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    By the way, when I first read your Post title, my first inclination was "First thing in the morning". Of course my mind is always in the gutter.
  • ♥jewel♥
    Which is why you are so well loved!
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    By the way, when I first read your Post title, my first inclination was "First thing in the morning". Of course my mind is always in the gutter.

bahahahaha:laugh:

Jewel....me....at night....the munchie gremlin comes and visits me.....I try to hide.... but alas....:grumble:
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    For me, it is after 9pm. But it isn't actual hunger, it is just a need to fill the empty void. If it is actual hunger, I have no problem eating no matter how late it is. But this is usually just behavioral and it will take a lot of time and effort for me to change my ways.

Are you truly hungry Jewel, or are you experiencing a behavioral issue as well? If it is hunger, that will be an easier fix. If it is behavioral you will have to work extra hard to overcome the urge/tendency.

My heart goes out to you my dear. :heart:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    It totally varies. I haven't had a lot of time to eat today, so I got to 8pm and still had 1000 cals to go and was starving. Usually it's mid afternoon for me, though.
  • ♥jewel♥
    For me, it is after 9pm. But it isn't actual hunger, it is just a need to fill the empty void. If it is actual hunger, I have no problem eating no matter how late it is. But this is usually just behavioral and it will take a lot of time and effort for me to change my ways.

Are you truly hungry Jewel, or are you experiencing a behavioral issue as well? If it is hunger, that will be an easier fix. If it is behavioral you will have to work extra hard to overcome the urge/tendency.

My heart goes out to you my dear. :heart:

It's not hunger, well....it was yesterday. I think my body doesn't think it has had enough when I am done lunch, therefore it wants me to keep eating. Apparently it thinks I am some sort of hoofed animal and that I should graze all afternoon. I am finding that if I have grapes or fruit slices (something I can pick at) that it is better.
  • All the time! Which is a bit depressing - Luckily for me all my colleagues are also trying to get their bikini bodies back for the summer - It does mean that food is a constant topic with us though :ohwell:
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,304 Member
    I'm a huge afternoon snacker. I have started to try to eat the bulk of my calories in the morning and for lunch, seems to help me. Plus having everything spread out every two to three hours helps a lot too. I have definitely used grapes or veggies to munch on over the course of the afternoon before when I'm feeling particularly snacky. :flowerforyou:
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    I think "grazing" has gotten a bad rap because people associate it with unhealthy food. But realistically, grazing is what the human race did for years and years and years centuries ago. They found food along the path, they ate. I eat every couple hours, and when I'm busy at work it seems like I eat all day long. I see nothing wrong with having fruit and/or veggies at your desk all afternoon for you to "pick" at.
  • seemae
    seemae Posts: 38
    Definitely after dinner. I have terrible insomnia and I don't want to eat within two hours of going to sleep but I never really know what time I'm actually going to hit the sack. It doesn't help that I'm usually terribly bored - so I try and just drink a lot of water.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    I think my body doesn't think it has had enough when I am done lunch, therefore it wants me to keep eating. Apparently it thinks I am some sort of hoofed animal and that I should graze all afternoon.

* chewing while raising hoof* me too - you've described me to a T. Except I find it hard to stop eating all the time - not any particular time of day or meal.

I try to do what you've mentioned - have good snack options, like fruit or maybe nuts, etc. I find that if I graze on reasonably healthy snacks, I get less of those weird 'urgent: seek out chocolate' mission directives. (Those aren't related to TOM or anything, I get urgent mission directives all the time to seek out fried potato products, ice cream sandwiches, whisky. It's because I love food and booze. :grumble: )

ETA: Teaser subject heading :blushing: :bigsmile: :huh:
  • ♥jewel♥
    What can I say - I am a tease :wink:
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Evning eating is/has always been a problem for me. Unless I am busy, I want to stuff crap into my pie hole! :frown:
  • appleshells
    appleshells Posts: 165
    I only have this problem at work. I work 12 hour shifts, so I have to eat lunch and dinner at work and have healthy snacks thrown in to avoid the dreaded cafeteria or vending machines. I will eat my lunch and then 90% of the time eat all my snacks too! When I am home I can walk away from a 300 calorie lunch feeling satisfied. Not at work though.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    At first I thought one of MY friends would never have a title like this. Then on 2nd thought...yeah, they would.
  • rjnandjosh
    rjnandjosh Posts: 168
    when I cook for the rest of the family or they go for take out and kids birthdays:sad:
This discussion has been closed.