Should I track my vitamins?

Options
Colie912
Colie912 Posts: 17 Member
Hi! I just joined MFP yesterday and so far LOVE it! But as I was browsing I saw that some people have there vitamins listed in their food diary...is this something I should be doing?

Thanks for you help! :)

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I just started adding mine today because I wanted to see it in my Nutrtion report. I think it's a good idea so you know if you need to improve on anything.
  • marycgifford
    marycgifford Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing!
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Yes. Mine have calories and I think it is important to make sure you get enough nutrients from your diet and your vitamins.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I take a decent amount of vitamins and supplements regularly, but I do not choose to log them in. For me, personally, I don't see a need.

Totally up to you and your needs.

Correction: The only thing I do log in are my Calcet calcium chews, because I need to take three each day, and at 35 calories per piece, that's 105 calories I refuse to skip logging.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just joined MFP yesterday and so far LOVE it! But as I was browsing I saw that some people have there vitamins listed in their food diary...is this something I should be doing?

Thanks for you help! :)

It's not a bad idea to keep an eye on them, but unless you're concerned I wouldn't bother. I track iron because I'm borderline anemic (with a long family history of anemia); and sodium because I found my numbers were WAY over RDA.

But you're also limited to 6 items on your Food Diary. Choose wisely, young Jedi.

edited to add: I read the question wrong, didn't I?
  • dawnelaine96
    dawnelaine96 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get in the habit of logging everything that goes in my body. Some supplements and medicines have calories etc. When I was sick last week, I logged all the medicine I was taking.
  • fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I do only becaue most of mine are chewables (I HATE pills) and they do have calories. Heck, even the omega 3 gel caps I take have calories in them! At the end of the day my chewables and omega-3's are nearly 100 calories total (my chewable calcium is also 15 cals each). I also use the sugar free versions of all my chewables.
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    It never occurred to me that I should log my supplements, thanks for asking the question out loud!
  • Colie912
    Colie912 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! This helps alot, I think I'm going to start tracking my vitamins just to see what happens! :)
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    my multivitamin and multi mineral is calorie free so i dont bother.
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    only if tracking them helps you to remember to take them! thats the only reason i did for the first weekish or so, now Im pretty good at remembering.
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I log my Viactiv Calcium Chew - not because of the calories (although there's calories in them) - but each chew is 50% of my daily requirement for Calcium, plus added Vit. D - and I think proper calcium is important for women!! Not just watching my weight - but trying to be healthy too :)