Stress and weightloss

Options
Melroxsox
Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
It's been discussed that stress can affect your weightloss success..Is this true? I've been working out hard, but also been very stressed out and busy w/ my work schedule. I have a feeling this is stopping me from doing better. What are some of the reasons for this?

Replies

• Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    It's been discussed that stress can affect your weightloss success..Is this true? I've been working out hard, but also been very stressed out and busy w/ my work schedule. I have a feeling this is stopping me from doing better. What are some of the reasons for this?
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Hi there

Welcome to MFP.:flowerforyou: This is a great site to get the support that you need to succeed.

I have read that stress can affect weight loss when the person is an emotional eater (eats additional calories to cope with emotions) or makes unhealthy or comfort food choices to manage stress.

I have also read that tiredness can affect weight loss b/c the person may overeat. Some people react to tiredness by snacking. After the snack is done, the downward spiral starts again and the person may have another snack - and another. Usually these snacks are not healthy choices.

I could imagine that stress may keep you from getting enough sleep. I personally do not think that stress alone affects your weight loss success.

How do you think you are doing with hydration and sleep? Are you getting enough?