Denise Austin's Blast Away the Pounds

Options
I do this work out twice a week but have no idea of how many calories it burns. Below is a brief synopsis of the program. I always break a sweat and feel really great afterwards, but have no idea of what I am actually burning. Weights are used in the 3rd section. I do all three segments which adds up to 45 minutes and I do the 10 minute stretching at the end. It totals 3 miles of walking.

Any ideas anyone?

.) Easy Walk - Tailored for those unaccustomed to regular exercise, this 15-minute walk is also the perfect calorie-burning exercise for before or after dinner. Calorie burning equivalent: 1 outdoor walking mile. 2.) Fat Blasting Interval Walk - This 15-minute cardio walk gets the heart pumping, energy flowing and fat burning by alternating pace intensity and between lower-body and upper-body moves. It's the perfect metabolism-boosting workout. Calorie burning equivalent: 1 outdoor walking mile. 3.) Power Walk and Tone - This vigorous 15-minute routine combines power walking and sculpting techniques to firm and tone the major muscles, while blasting away the pounds for a sleek and slender body. Calorie burning equivalent: 1 outdoor walking mile. 4.) Stretch - Designed to relax and tone all major muscles and joints, this 10-minute bonus stretch is the perfect way to jump-start and unwind your day

Replies

• Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Ok, so the first 3 are equivlant to 1 walking mile each. I would suggest to add up the time it takes you to do them all (or however many you do at once) and then figure out from there what it would be for walking speed. Example, you do two in 30 minutes so that's 2 miles in 30 minutes, 4 miles and hour. The 4 miles and hour is in the database you then you can enter that for 30 minutes and get your calorie count.
    I don't think the stretch counts as cardio though.
  • Sarahr73
    Options
    I'm sorry, I forgot to ask. Does that make sense? I know I how I am getting the figures, but I don't know if I am explaining it well.
  • MARIANN1029
    Options
    I do this workout also and that's the way I count it. You explained it fine Sarahr73
  • calequestrian
    calequestrian Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Sort of makes sense. It is a total of 3 miles in 45 minutes, it is actually more than walking, there are also bursts of jogging in place and such in the second half...and in the third mile weights are incorporated...
  • Sarahr73
    Options
    Unless you get all the equipment to figure it out exactly, you may have to just log it as miles walked. It's still a significant amount of calories. It would be 4 miles and hour for 45 minutes which for me would be 271 calories. That's a lot for only 45 minutes.
  • calequestrian
    calequestrian Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It is a great work out, because of the use of weights and the interval bursts. I really break a sweat! Thanks for all the information everyone!