Last week of Biggest Loser at my work HELP!!!!!

Options
ok so im like #5 in the office for the biigest loser... id need to lsoe like 5 lbs. before the next weigh in... its for a HUGE PRIZE.... im not trying to win #1 im trying to get to #3...

Any quick hints to drop a few lbs. quick?

Not asking for puking/pooping remedies.... for instance my sister told me not to work out late the night before so my muscles arent swollen? Is that true? and i was told not to eat sodium the night before so my body doesnt retain any water

any other hints... every ounce helps

Replies

• Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Try a cleansing kit and eat completely clean. Nothing processed. and cut back on your carbs.
  • Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i retain water for 3 days or so after eating something with alot of sodium. So I would eat very clean and healthy the whole week before. Lots of water.
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    General MFP board knowledge has taught me that sore muscles retain water, and obviously sodium will make you retain water as well. I would avoid a heavy workout the night before, watch your sodium the few days before, and also drink plenty of water the day before your final weigh in. Maybe a little extra fiber to make sure your poop isn't weighing you down either!
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Thank you all ;) Ive never done a cleanse but always wanted to try it... TMI sorry LOL.... Thanks for all the advice!
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Your muscles retain water when healing. Cut your sodium down. Drink plenty of water. Eat healthy and lean, no pasta or bread. 5 pounds in a week at your size will be quite impossible if not unhealthy so be careful. Damn the prize! haha
  • AmandaR910
    AmandaR910 Posts: 991
    Options
    I'd definitely up your water and drop you sodium, as well as not working out the day before. Good luck!!
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I was just in a similar situation for a biggest loser competition :) I did cardio, cardio, cardio! I worked out for an hour in the morning and then an hour or so in the afternoon/evening. I just pushed myself as hard as I could and I ended up losing 5.8lbs the last week. For my workouts I did Turbo Fire (5 day inferno plan), watched sodium levels, ate high fibre and protein. Hmm lots of water, didn't eat 3 hours before sleep..that's what I did and it worked out well! Good luck, I hope you place 3rd or higher :smile:
  • mssugarca
    mssugarca Posts: 75
    Options
    That sounds exciting and fun....I wanna play....oh btw what is the prize?
  • skee80
    skee80 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Didnt realize you had so many responses. Good luck at your weigh in!
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    another quick way to shed a couple of lbs . is to buy a sauna suit you can get them for right around $10 at most walmarts or sporting goods stores.
    Get up early the day of your weigh in and work you tail off. you will sweat a lot of water off. If you sweat just 20 ounces that's that's just over 1 1/2 lbs. That combined with eating clean the day before should put you well with in striking distance of making some $$$.

We have a similar thing going on at work and I was going to be close last week so I used this trick to quickly lose some weight and it worked. working out for an hour i managed to strip of just under 2 lbs.

Just don't do it every week. I was extra motivated last week. if we are over from the previous week we have to put money into the pot and I didn't want to pay LOL.

Good luck
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said...I also drink dandelion tea and take a Duirex once a day for a few days before I am going to Vegas...to fit into the tight dresses of course. (It is just water weight and comes right back on, but for the sake of a couple of days it is worth it)

Cut carbs and dairy (besides eggs) down to almost nothing or avoid them all together...wheat products and dairy are natural bloaters.

Also I'd step up the cardio just for a few days and like the others said, avoid the real heavy workouts and stick with circuit training and cardio.

Good luck!
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Well . . . do you wanna play completely fair or are you willing to fudge a bit.

Fair - Follow the above advice.

Fudging - Cut water weight. Punch a hole in a trash bag, stick your head through it and make a trash bag layer against your skin. Pile on a couple layers of sweats over the top of that. Repeat for the legs. Go for a run as fast as you can for as long as you can. Remove clothes and probably 8 - 10 lbs of water.

Cautions - Do not do this if you have anything remotely approaching a heart condition. Rapid dehydration is hard on the heart. Do this the morning of the weigh in and drink lots right after the weigh in. Most of the people you're competing against would probably consider this cheating, so beware angry feelings and flying fists.

Personally I'd go with the fair way, but I guess it depends on how much the prize really is. :-)