Wanted : Accountability Partners

Options

Replies

• getnfitn2011
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!!!!

Starlage- sounds awesome!!!! I agree on everything we have alot in common, I would love to get to know ya'll. Challenge threads are bit involoved for me but I LOVE the idea of goals setting everyday. I have alot of friends that swear by writting out their top 3 goals EVERDAY. So I am in. Although my day is half over I will go ahead and post my goals.....the reason I didn't check in earlier is I had to take my grandma to the docotor then brought them home to visit for a few days. We are a very close nit family so I treasure our time together problem is that when we get together we comfort eat(mom just bought doughnuts!!!!! AAaaaaa) !!!! So number one goal. STAY UNDER 1,200. Today is my rest day so I am not getting any bonus calories! I am going to really have to stay the course. I am also shooting for 80 oz of water....half way there on this one...lastly I am trying to help my mom who recently lost alo of weight within the last year but might be heading down that back slidding road by setting an example!!
    So to sum it up....stay @ or under 1,200 calories, drink 80 oz of water, be inspirational to others!!! These are my goals and I am looking forward to hearing ya'lls !!!!! I will check in later to say that I HAVE hit every goal =)

Hotpickles- WELCOME!! Glad to have ya!!!

I would be intrested in hearing more a little about ya'll! I'll start...I am 31 (32 in May) I have four kids, had three c-sections, and a really hot husbund lol, I am a stay at home mom that home schools and also runs a home based buisness. I have about 40-50 pounds to lose. I am kinda tall so going under 160 for me makes me all bones! I am working out to a workout program call Turbo Fire which I LOVE. My semi long term goal is to drop a pants size by my birthday (may 16) I am dorky, and goofy, love to write, and I love to laugh! So thats for starters....tell us about yourselves! =)
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Today's a busy day at work, I'm a medical assistant at the univ. of WA med. center- pretty active work! I'm up moving around most of the day so that's all helpful for my weight and health- probably part of the reason I'm not more overweight than I am. I'm single and live a pretty quiet life for th most part. I have my little group of close friends I see regularly, stay close to my family and that's about it! Very happy! Although I HATE exercising :o) it's also part of the reason I am where I am. lol.

getnfitn2011- I really like the idea of setting three goals per day, good idea!

Anyways, today's goal is to drink around 90 oz of water beacuse I went over on my sodium yesterday! Need to flush it out. That's the other goal, stay under in all of my counts (except sugar and protein, I always go over in those because of all the fruits and high protein things I eat). It's also my rest day, I exercised two days in a row- VERY good for me! So no working out today. I've just started all this a few weeks ago so I'm not really in the habit or routine of exercising daily yet. Third goal....... hmm.... I know! I take the bus to work everyday because of how expensive parking is- I'm fortunate to have the bus stop really close to my apartment, just a few blocks away. So today (as long as it's not raining- it IS seattle afterall) I'm going to get off the bus a half mile to a mile early and trek it home, get some extra walking in. I ordered a pedometer in the mail so I can shoot for 10,000 steps a day once I get it- I used to wear one everyday but I lost it on the bus :o( I was routinely though just through normal daily activities and work getting in 7,000-8,000 a day so as the weather gets nicer and nicer I can just get off of the bus early and get those extra steps in eventually. Tomorrow's meaaaassuting day :o) (i'm not going to weigh until 4/1) so here's to hoping it's unchanged or even better :o)

Until tmrw!

~Starla
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all.
    I'm probably the Senior partner around here.... I am married & have 2 kids that are in college... Freshman & Sophomore. Currently unemployed, but it's okay as I am trying to get organized and get my house together.

Although I love to exercise, it has been hard for me to get it in until the last few weeks since I joined mfp. I am currently doing Turbo Jam. I am still a beginner at it... in my last week of the Beginner workouts. I actually used to be an athlete in my younger college days & even after... but haven't worked out consistently in years! I am also doing the Conservative Couch to 5k. It is a 7 month program. The first month is just walking and not even every day. I'd love to run a 5k and go from there. My favorite sport is Racquetball and I'm hoping that once I drop some weight, I'll be able to start back to playing and eventually compete, again. Oh yeah, about 13 years ago... I was an AFAA Certified Aerobics Instructor... used to teach Step Aerobics. I sure do miss things like just going outside and throwing the football around..... At 49 years of age, there aren't any friends that want to throw a football around....... :bigsmile:

I am very pettite... 4'11". I selected a weight loss goal, but don't really know if it is achievable. I will take it one baby step at a time.

Oops, 3 goals.
    1)make it through the day without suddenly binging or really blowing it!!!!!!!!
    2)plan my meals and stick with the plan.
    3) Eat earlier in the morning, rather than wait until the late afternoon before I eat anything all day.

I have a feeling that these 3 goals will probably be the ones that I will have EVERY day for a while...

Best of luck to everyone.
    Linda
  • getnfitn2011
    Options
    Good morning all!!!
    Linda so glad to have a fellow turbo lover in here! I have done reuglar turbo jam for about three years now...Iit works and its fun so just keep at it and you will be pro in no time. Did you know you can get certified to be a turbo instructor and actually go around gyms and freelance teach? reason I ask is because you mentioned teaching before so I thought I would tell ya if you didn't know! =) Man I wished we lived closer I would totally toss a football with ya lol. I have three older brothers so I am a bit of a tom boy! My mom just turned sixty and she will be joining this thread today =) My mom and you have alot in common my mom is 5'3 she says..I say closer to two lol. I am 5 10 so I didn't get the growing genes from her! I have always evnvied petite women...I feel like an amazon girl most days =P Anyway, so glad you are here!!! Your goals are awesome, I love it because they are real, simple, and doable!!! Just keep leaning on mfp and this thread you can do it lady!!! =)

Ok so my three goals for today...
    1) Stay UNDER my calorie goal...yesterday I ate every single one I could!
    2) Give my turbo fire workout EVERYTHING...my goal is to be wringing with sweat!!
    3) Get all my water in!

4) drop a pants size by May 16th when I turn 32!! Number four will stay the same until I meet it to ya'll will probably get sick of seeing it =P

I really believe that though our goals might be concidered simple, they are effective and they are taking steps if not leaps in the right directions!!!!! With that in mind I am going to go get my work out in!!!!

Have a blessed day all!
    Misty
  • Starlage
    Options
    Morning ladies,

Linda, sounds like you have kind of similar goals to me- mostly to just get healthier! I set a weight goal but I really don't know what it will be in the end. I just want to get down a pant size or two (preferably two so I'm an 8 or 10 again :o) ) by next summer for my ten year high school reunion! I've grown up with the worst eating habits and even worse as an adult have been gaining this horrible habit of secret mini binging on fatty things when I'm alone and starving because I wasn't eating on a regular schedule. I.E. I'd get home from work not having eaten since lunch time and would be STARVING to death and would shovel in the worst choices in large quiantities. terrible! For the past month I've been VERY good. Eating 5-6 times in a day (which includes forcing myself to eat breakfast -which i never did before) in smaller amounts to avoid getting to that STARVING point where I binge. So far so good!

Anyways, today I measured and weighed- no changes! Really though I'm happy with that. I'm for the time being just really happy that my eating habits and exercise habits have to greatly improved and I need to push myself to CONTINUE them despite no big changes in numbers (in the past I revert to old ways when I'm not seeing quick changes. Working on changing my mental outlook!)

Here's today:

I'm 5'3" ISH (last I was mewasured was like 5 yrs ago and I was just over 5 2 1/2"
    wt: still 169
    measurements same as 3/18 when I checked them last:
    Chest: 40.5"
    Waist: 34.5"
    Hips: 43"
    Thighs: 25.25"

Again though, don't really know exactly what my goals as far as the specific numbers are...

Today's goals
    1)drink another 90oz of water!
    2)exercise today 30 mins minumum! Most likely I'll use my Gazelle machine.
    3)avoid an after dinner 'diet' treat. I really don't need them! They just keep me happy. I think I need to lower my regular intake of those beacuse of the fact that they do contain sugar (I really like the skinny cow caramel ice cream bar and the weight watchers beig candy bar. yum!)- or at least limit myself to mu sugar-free jello pudding :o)
    today I have a 4th) dont get depressed by the rain and gray that has returned!! Seattle was sunny, warm, blue skies and 60's for three days in a row! totally out of the norm, it was a real treat and mood booster. But after that It's easy to get down about the drab wet and cold out!

Have a great day everyone :o)
  • getnfitn2011
    Options
    Just a quick reply!
    Starla- good for you on not getting down with no change...that fact is you ARE making changes,,,,the kind that impoves health and vitality long term!!! I just wanted to encourage you andadd that I think you are doing amazingly well and I LOVE your outlook on things!!! I drink a shake in the morning called shakeology it is SO healthy for you that it is crazy..and its yummy! Thats how I get my breakfast in, Anyway, you are doing great and I love the positivity you bring everytime you write! Have a super blessed day!!!
    misty
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Hey, y'all.
    Misty -- Yep, I have 3 brothers, too. I was the only girl. And, I wish you lived close by, too!
    And, no, I did not know that about teaching Turbo. Of course, right now... I am more of a beginner. I mean... I get the moves but I am not crisp yet as I am just not in that kind of shape yet. I can't wait until I've dropped some weight and have built up some! I just did Cardio Party and sweat so much & really worked hard. Totally exhausted. I am finding, though, that my bounce back time is greatly improving!!!! After only a few weeks!
    I look forward to meeting your Mom on here.
    (BTW, my husband is 6'1"... so we are quite the pair!)

Starla -- Yes, we definitely have some similarities... including height. Ha!

Anyway, I feel good today other than a little headachy from lack of sleep. Must work at that!

This website and all the friends that I've made has been motivating me and keeping me motivated!!!!
    I'm actually excited!

Make it a great day, y'all!
    Linda
  • royallady1950
    Options
    Hi everybody, My name is Gwen and I am Misty's mom. I just wanted to stop by and say HI. I will go ahead and post my three goals even the though the day is almost over....my daughter is a nag lol

1) Stay under my calorie goal
    2) Drink all my water
    3)Beat my granddaughter in Kinect bowling!!

4)My semi long term goal is the same as my daughter's... down a pants size, Misty's birthday is May 16th and I want to buy her new clothes and me too! lol i have had rotater cuff surgery 5 weeks ago living in brace isnt fun my attittude sucks so hoping this will help me stay on track
  • Nonie1928
    Options
    three goals drink more water, stop stressing over the fact my hair is falling out, play with my grandkids more long term goal read more bible not to be ashamed of the life i live down here when my lord calls me home
    i am a widow but i have a man in my life , hes loving ,kind , understanding, gives me all i need and cares whats good for my body, soul and spirit. o
    in case u want to know how i got such a perfect man....well he died on the cross for me and i believed ... u can too his name is jesus
  • getnfitn2011
    Options
    Nonie and Royal Lady...my grandma and my mom!! Love them both and so glad t have them here! I LOVE what each had to say and love that they are here!!
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Welcome, Nonie & Gwen.
    What a wonderful family! So great that 3 generations are doing this together. You all have brought a huge smile to my face.
    Linda
  • Starlage
    Options
    three goals drink more water, stop stressing over the fact my hair is falling out, play with my grandkids more long term goal read more bible not to be ashamed of the life i live down here when my lord calls me home
    i am a widow but i have a man in my life , hes loving ,kind , understanding, gives me all i need and cares whats good for my body, soul and spirit. o
    in case u want to know how i got such a perfect man....well he died on the cross for me and i believed ... u can too his name is jesus

AMEN sister! We could all use to read the bible more :o)
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Everyone can feel free to add me!
    I'm 22 and getting married in January, so my main goal is to have lost 25kg by then. I'm already down about 8.
    My fiance, mum, grandma and 'sister' (family friend 'adopted' by my parents :D) are all on this site too, so it's a team effort.

I shall be back monday to post my goals for next week, considering it is now saturday... :S

Always happy to have more awesomely motivated friends!
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Welcome, Babyworms.

I met my 3 goals yesterday. Today I will repeat those same goals. See if I can make it through more than one day...

3) Eat earlier in the morning, rather than wait until the late afternoon before I eat anything all day.

Linda
  • getnfitn2011
    Options
    Good afternoon all!!!!

baby worms- so glad to have ya!!!!!

Thank you guys for welcoming my mom and grandma...and yes Linda I am ubber blessed to have them here. We have always been the three amigos =) way to go on meetng your goals Linda...I also met mine yesterday and plan for the same three today!! I am moving in a moth so I am praying I handle it better than I did last time. Last time I took up smoking and over eating to cope with the stress!!! I am done with smoking though so now if I could just get my stress eating under control!!! I am going to stay accounable now more than ever!!!!!! So glad to have ya'll here!!!

So here we go goals I am adding a semi and a longterm goal to keep me focused!

1) Stay under on my calories
    2)Drink all my water
    3) Give my work out all I got!!!!
    4) Semi long term- down a pant size by May 16th
    5) Long term...to be able to run for two miles out right without stopping by the end of summer =)

Ok well I gotta run, time to work out!!!!
    Have a blessed Saturday!!
    Misty
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Hi y'all.
    How is everybody doing?
    Getnfit -- So glad that you are here! I bet you will handle it better this time, around. Congratulations on no longer smoking!!! That is huge!!! I know that you will succeed with Mfp!

I met my 3 goals today, barely! It was really tough since we moved from one of our mini storages. That was a huge calorie burner, btw.

I am going to stick with those same 3 goals. I wonder if I can stick with them for a week. That is an additional goal: Stick with my 3 daily goals for a week! :)

Sorry to be so boring... but I need to work on being consistent. This Yo-Yo stuff is just no good...
    Linda
  • Starlage
    Options
    Happy Monday ladies!

Had a nice weekend, how about you? Took the weekend off calorie counting-wise. Saturday I had a nice evening out in downtown Seattle with my best friend- went and saw a show, dinner out, drinks. Lots of fun! Figured there was no point in counting that day and Sunday's my usual day off :o) Back on track today! Going to go to the store today and get some salad goods- change my eating up this week, see how my body responds to different foods.

three goals: EXERCISE TODAY!!! i haven't exercised since Thursday, gah!, Go to the store and get veggies and protein for salads, drink minimum 64 oz water
  • getnfitn2011
    Options
    Good evening guys!!!

Sorry I didn't make it here today...I homeschool and Mondays are always hard getting kids to focus let alone after a week off for spring break!!! The long story short is I met the three goals I did not post but meant to lol. I drank all my water...worked out till I was a sweaty mess and stayed under on my claorie goal!!! I weighed today...didn't register a loss but i did lose 8.5 inches all from my core!!! No wonder my pants are feeling so comfy! lol I didn't have to suck it in to get dressed which is a very nice change!!!

Linda- you are so not boring and either are your goals they are real so I think your awesome just keep it up girl!! Thank you for the support too, I think I will do ok with moving too!!!

Starla- I am glad you had a good weekened mine was awesome as well!! =) Way to go on planning ahead for the healthy meals!!!

I better run gotta get kids to bed ...I will check in first thing in the morning instead of at night just so I can stay up to date on how ya'll are doing!!!
    G'night all!!!
    Misty
  • getnfitn2011
    Options
    good morning all!!!!
    Man it seems that that morning comes earlier and earlier...guess that mean I am getting old huh? lol Well this will just be a quick one due to the fact that I need to get my day rolling. Here are my goals....

1) Fit in two workouts....today is a a stretch day with my program but I want to get some cardio in the afternoon just to wake me up during the time I am normally dragging!!

2) Stay under on my calories

3) Drink all my water

4) Spend more time reading my Bible =)

Those are my goals for today!!! I hope each of you have a super blessed day!!!
    Misty
  • Starlage
    Options
    Struggling with hunger this morning, grr! already have had my morning coffee, protein shake, a banana and a pear. Planning a nice healthy salad for lunch :o) I probably just need to down some water. My brain's taunting me asking for pastries... hehe. I will not give in though. It's so EASY working in a hospital getting the bad foods, no matter the healthy things I pack and plan for the day there are always available goodies near by in the gift shop and cafeteria. Oh well, I'll munch on my veggies and drink water!

Today I've got to exercise- been too long. so that's today's first goal: get some exercise in!!

second goal- drink WATERRRRR- only got down about 40oz by the end of the day yesterday.

third goal- DONT GET A PASTRY!!!! craving sugary fatty things today :o)