When I make chicken...

Options
2»

Replies

• halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I pound the crap outta my chicken so it's a thin (and ends up being huge) chicken breast. I pan fry it with about 1/2 tbsp of brummel and brown and seasonings and tomatoes/onion/garlic, or baste it in 2 tbsp of bolthouse farms honey mustard dressing and then cover with panko breadcrums and bake for about 35 minutes at 375. super yummy.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    bump
  • ladybug4233
    ladybug4233 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    WOW!! I took my dd to swimming and came home to all of these responses. Thanks for taking the time to help me. I do have a meat thermometer. Is there one you can leave in the meat while it is cooking?

TIA,
    Candie
  • ablueskier
    ablueskier Posts: 104
    Options
    Digital thermometers with an alarm are great for leaving in while cooking. The alarm will go off when it is at your desired temp. I got mine for $7 at Ross and they can go up to around $20.

Definitely cook thin chicken though. The thick breasts have to cook much longer which causes more drying. I cut my chicken breast in half as if I were fileting a fish. Not only is one filet closer to the 4 oz serving but I find this easier than pounding and it tricks my brain into seeing the shape of a whole breast. These cook faster and are much juicier from the faster cooking.