bison/buffalo
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Fish.
  • ashleyh3156
    ashleyh3156 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the south beach diet right now, I really want to turn it into a life style since I have lost my afternoon headaches. I eat a lot of chicken and veggies, laughing cow light swiss cheese, string cheese, almonds, walnuts, cottage cheese. lean beef, tuna steak, shrimp etc. good luck!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,711 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, egg whites, egg whites.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I eat at least 138 g of protein per day while staying around 1500 total calories...

My breakfasts include lots of egg whites, some oatmeal with protein powder added for flavor, etc.

Dinners and lunches are based around lean meats, whether it is chicken, turkey, fish, lean ground beef (96/4), top sirloin steak, etc. and then I add some veggies and possibly a whole wheat carb. When you make pasta and you are concentrating on the lean meat and the veggies first, you actually eat less pasta anyway.

For snacks I like protein shakes, Shakeology, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, Greek yogurt, etc.

I try to stay away from carb filled breakfasts because I feel like it is easier to get in my needed protein if I concentrate first on those and then add carbs to it to get what I need there.

I am definitely NOT on a low carb plan or anything, but when you plan your meal around your protein, you tend to eat slightly less carbs anyway.