Olive Oil to Saute

Options
Does everyone include the olive oil they saute in in their calories?!?!

Replies

• merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I usually include at least half. Which is prob still overestimating, but I'd rather be over than under...
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    yuppers
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I use cooking spray. But I do use olive oil and think it is delicious with cooking!!
  • arfdemob5
    arfdemob5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I stopped using olive oil and am using low sodium tomato juice now! It adds flavor to my meal with out any extra fat! But, yes I include that in my calorie counts!
  • LuvLeigh42
    LuvLeigh42 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i did and wish i didnt because it jacked up all my numbers...i love olive oil but I think Pam is better now because I see how I get carried away with pouring...but def track it :)
  • ashahl
    ashahl Posts: 81
    Options
    Yep but most of the time it really doesn't add up to much like with scrambled eggs or saute's I only ever really use half a teaspoon which is like 20 calories and 2 grams of fat.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    God yes! When I do a veggie stirfry it's the oil that's the biggest calorie element!!
  • emaybe
    emaybe Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Yep!!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Yes. The oil I use (usually in salad dressing) is one of the highest calorie components of my meal, even though I never have more than 5ml.
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I try to -- and that is why I have tried to stop stir frying with oil! I have a really good quality nonstick pan - I can cook things in it with just a bit of water to keep it moist. Before, I used to use a tablespoon or two of oil... and gosh that adds up doesn't it?
  • wonderlady71
    wonderlady71 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been using coconut oil...available in most "healthy" food stores. I have it in solid form and also a spray similar to PAM. Apparently there's an acid in it that's very beneficial in many ways. I also love the taste when sauteing chicken:)