My diet is now complicated haha!

Options
tabi26
tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
I remember reading diet books and searching diets online and thinking, " That's way too complicated. I'm way too lazy to do that." Then one day I'm explaining my diet to friend and how I eat this many grams of protien and this many grams of carbs and all the other things. She gave mr a blank stare. In this moment I realized that I am now on one of those complicated diets and with MFP it's really not that complicated at all! Just wanted to put that out there lol.

Replies

• FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    Lol,I know exactly what you mean! Back to basics for me....calories in vs calories out - simples! :bigsmile:
  • chaparra81
    Options
    It's weird how all along we were suffering for no reason..now we can have our cake and eat it too..a small piece that is because their will be xxxx to pay during our workout. :D
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    It is calories in vs. calories out simply for weight loss, but those of us trying to reach very specific fitness goals such as building lean muscle mass need to worry about the macro ratios more than people just trying to lose weight.

People just trying to lose weight shouldn't stress themselves out about it all because stress can cause cortisol to release and can slow down whatever weight loss you are achieving. :flowerforyou:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    haha, welcome to my world. Whether it be talking about my job, or nutrition, I start talking and people just glaze over.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    This is so true. I used to totally make fun of the folks that were really strict with their diet and would skip out on birthday cake or hamburgers or whatever. I guess I always assumed they were being kinda self righteous or something. But now I'm one of em, cuz I didn't realize it would become addicting, in a good way. Dammit, now I'm a nutrition-geek! :smile:
  • ryzola
    ryzola Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Whilst calories in vs calories out is all well and good, surely it matters where you're getting those calories from? 100 calories from chocolate as opposed to 100 from oats is a different story.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I have found that if I try to eat as much as I can for the allotted calories I am given, I make healthy choices and the rest of the lot (fat, protein, carbs) all fall in line.