Married 30 Somethings! =)

Options
OK ... here's our new thread as we ran out of room! ... I'll repost the question! :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
QUESTION OF THE DAY!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I wonder what will happen after 20 pages! ... no, that's not the question ;)

Q: Do you have any pets? And if yes, let's hear about them! I'm sure there are some fun stories (or even some interesting pets!) out there somewhere!

A: I grew up with 4 dogs (allergic to cats, and later I found out I was allergic to dogs too ... probably explained my 'seasonal' allergies that never ended!) lol ... So now? ... we (ok, Marceen) has one guppy ... lol ... we used to have fish for a while (even tried saltwater for a few years) ... beautiful, but a lot of maintenance ... so now we're down to one guppy in a one gallon (or close to it anyway) tank! Not much maintenance, best pet I ever had ;)

Replies

• QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am new to this thread - and new to "30s" incidentally :)

I have 2 cats and 2 dogs.
    My husband takes care of the dogs mostly b/c I have 2 toddlers (a son who is 2 and a daughter who is 3) and am also a stay at home Mom/homemaker (maid). But the 2 cats are inside.
    One of our cats, Spookie, is 18 lbs, 11 yrs old, and snores louder than an 80yr old sleep apnea patient. She doesn't move except to use the litter box or eat. She's hilarious. I tried putting her on a low calorie cat food once, and she gained weight. Not gonna do that again (for $18/bag!).
    Our other cat, Freddie, is a "normal" cat, in that she is a healthy weight and likes to play and run around. Other than that, she's schizo. She chases things that aren't there and likes to climb the door frames and slide back down. She's 10 yrs old and acts like a kitten. My husband can't stand either one of the cats (even though he was the one who brought them home...supposedly "for me").
    The dogs are sweet, both girls , named Zoe and Lucy. We rescued them after they and their 4 siblings were found in a cardboard box on the side of the road @ 6 weeks old. We decided to take them home after 3 months of grieving the loss of our other 2 dogs (Boss and Baby) who had to be put down after they killed a rabid raccoon in our yard.

How's that for details, eh? :)
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Bump... Will be back!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I have a black lab named Bubba,we found him when we first moved to TX in 2006 sitting on the side of the road in a snow storm skinny dirty.Hes been the best dog we have ever had.Hes great with the kids terrified of fly swatters and loud noise.Hes become such a part of the family that he has his own christmas stocking.

We have a cat we got it for our 3 yr old daughter she changes its name everyday so I dont remeber what its name is today.Weve only had the cat a few months not so attached to it yet
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    UGH! Don't go to this thread ... join us on the continued one at:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/198662-new-married-30-something-group-anyone
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    We have a Chihuahua named Rocky, he's bout 12, then we have the devil cat named Elizabeth (lizzy) she's about 10 years old. I swear she is possessed or something, evil and unpredictable. Then we have Annibelle, she's sweet, and beautiful (but not long haired), she's like 5, and then we have Shilo, he was a stray born on our porch, the mama took all the baby's somewhere and Left Shiloh so we took him in. He chewed 3 little emerald stones out of my anniversary ring when he was a kitten. (I still havent been able to get it fixed) and he chewed the bottle tip off, and we had to watch for it to pass. He LOVES the dog, he was always sucking on him, and cuddled up to him. Still at 4 sometimes sucks, but is always cuddled up. The thing is is that Shiloh is a huge cat, he is long and overweight, (we have struggled with the weight thing, it gets better in the summer when he WANTS to go outside) but he just plops himself over the top of the Chihuahua and they lay sleeping like this. it's pretty funny.

We also have a cockatiel, named Peepers, He had a mate for a couple of years, she was Chloe, and very angelic looking when she spread her wings, but she died, so we adopted Amelia from the Humane Society, and she died too. So we gave up on a mate for Peepers. (both females had a fright and died. ) We have had fish, that lasted about 12 weeks, and then we gave up on fish too. No luck for us there.

I had 9 little kittens I rescued from a neighbor, and fostered them for Friends of Felines We had to feed and give medicine and the whole bit, they were adorable. One though couldn't use it's hind legs, we named him Forrest. He just scooted around. But Friends of Felines had me take him to the vet, he got lots of medicine, and started acupuncture, was so cute, but sad to see him with these pins sticking out every where, including the tip of his tail. So we did that a few times, and eventually he was able to walk, run, jump etc... Was a fascinating experience. The vet believed that he was stomped on by human after birth. :( So it was a back injury. He was lucky to not be paralyzed for life.