women who are 5'7-5'8...

Options

Replies

• catwoodard
    catwoodard Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and my goal is 135ish. I will see what I look like when I get there to see if I need to lose more. My current weight is 144 and my main goal is to lower my body fat %. That is more important to me than the scale.
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'7.5" and I'm shooting for somewhere in the 150's. I've never been that small, so I'll really have to evaluate when I look and feel best and what the best weight for me will be. 135 seems a little on the small side, but if you are small built than I'm sure it would be fine. I'm naturally bigger built so I think 135 for me would be too small.....and impossible :wink:
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft7 and a large frame and am aiming for 154lbs...I was happy enough at that weight for 20 years (barring pregnancy) so hoping for the same...now i'm the wrong side of 40 I will choose to keep a few pounds if I feel my mush is suffering but for now its 154
  • TamDTam
    TamDTam Posts: 115
    Options
    i'm a bit over...5'8.5" and my goal weight is 145.

Im 5'8.5" and my goal is 135... Im willing to go to 140 only if it guarantees I can keep the boobs I currently have

I dont how to explain it but I have been 140 & wore a size 6 and 135 and wore a size 10-12... a LOT has to do with how much muscle weight you are carrying as well....
  • Carmendu
    Carmendu Posts: 409
    Options
    I am 5'6"(and a half). I have my GW set at 160. The high end only because I have a larger bone structure. I will probably try to go a little lower than that but I will decide that when I get to my GW now.
  • thetorontokid2
    Options
    My goal right now is @ 160 just to get into my "healthy" BMI! If I can make it that far, and I hope I do!!, then we'll see when I get there! As long as I'm healthy, I'll be good. I still have a ways to go yet, but...workin' on it! :D
  • FitNHappy0261
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my goal is 135 as well :) I'm currently at 178 (the heaviest I've ever been) O_O For years I maintained my weight around 145-150 and I easily could have afforded to lose about 5-10 more lbs. So our goal (135) is very attainable and as long as we lose the weight safely and in a healthy manner we'll fine :)
    WE CAN DO THIS! Good luck girl :)
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and i think mine is set to 145.

I wouldn't mind getting back down to 135, but I'll see how I feel as I get closer. I can wear a 6 at 135-145--it all depends on how much I'm exercising and what type of exercise. My 'easy to maintain' weight is around 140.
  • Jlln_G1011
    Jlln_G1011 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i'm just under 5'7 and 135 would be my stretch goal
  • heidipalmquist
    Options
    I'm between 5'7 - 5'8" and when I was your age, that is what I weighed....135. Almost 29 years later, I joined MFP, because, over the years, I had put on 20 pounds, weighing 156 in January. I've lost 11 or 12 pounds now, and am happy with that, but wouldn't mind losing a couple more. I think 140 would be ideal for me...so 4 or 5 to go. Good luck! I'm a teacher, too, but work as a teacher assistant for Special Education. It keeps me hopping!!
  • jennifer3998
    jennifer3998 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i am 5 foot 3 and my max is supposed to be 135. so i think your 135 is too low, you are a woman not a twig. you need some curves. you don't need to look like a boy and you need body fat to protect your organs.

Utterly ridiculous. I'm almost 5'9" and weighed 138 a couple of years ago and looked great, fit but not super skinny. You cannot say something so ignorant, especially when that weight is in the normal BMI range for her height.
  • happy_heather121
    happy_heather121 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm 5-7 and I weight 128 as of now. I really think I still have a couple of lbs to lose in my hips but I think most of that will come with toning over time. I would say anything around of slightly below 130 is pretty lean. I'm hoping to just tone up from here on out. I noticed that once I got below 130, it is almost impossible for me to maintain that low of a weight unless I stick to my diet and exercise ALL THE TIME!!!

Everyone is different though, so 130 may be too low for you, I would do the BMI calculator or even get assessed by a doctor so it's more accurate.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my goal is 130, I'm 131 at the moment so looking to switch to maintenance next week. I think it depends alot on how you feel and your bone structure, mine is quite small and I don't see myself as too skinny, yet for some people they might feel awful at that weight, like they'd gone too far. I've also seen several people in 160's who are really toned and slim and look more like 140.
    I started at 150 but because I hadn't been in the 30's for a while my original goal was 140 so I could see how I felt once I reached that and whether I wanted to lose a bit more.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I would like to be between 128 and 135 (low end of bmi) so I have similar goals to you.
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches. My goal is 160 - but that may change once I get there. 135 sounds tiny to me, but that's probably b/c I'm so big and have been for a long time! I can remember in high school weighing 150 and wishing I weighed about 20 to 25 pounds less!!Boy I'd kill to have that body back now! Anyhoo- its hard to tell exactly where you will need your final goal to be at this point b/c of variances with muscle and/or body fat distribution etc. And you can always tweak your goal once you get close if you think you need to add/subtract.
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8". I want to look like Tina Fey, and if I've figured it out right I'd need to be about 144 for that. I'm sticking with 160 for now to see how my curves look with it.
  • jmyers1230
    jmyers1230 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7". I was 135 at high school graduation and 145 at college graduation. My goal is 130-135. That's a reasonable goal based on my weight in the past (high school graduation was just 5 years ago).
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    I am 5' 7" I am shooting for 145 but I might go down to 135 if I seem to be doing well and not hitting plateaus and such. BUT if I get to like 150-155 and are pretty toned and my belly pouch is gone then I am stopping. I just want to have a healthy BMI.
  • JMuzzy
    JMuzzy Posts: 63
    Options
    Thanks for the great responses! i've heard everything from from 110-160 lbs. So here's what I was thinking... at my heighest weight i was 163 and I was exhausted all the time and eating terribly. So I know that is too heavy for my frame. I have also been 110 (back in high school) and it was exhausting as well, in a different way. Definitely too light for my frame.
    So i think i am just going to eat healthy/exercise and see what I weigh when i feel great and have lots of energy. 135 seems like a good number to work towards based on what most of you are saying.
    thank you!!! & feel free to add me as a friend if we aren't already!
    jennie:flowerforyou:
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6.5" and weighed in today at 124lbs. I would like to get to 120lbs. I still have thigh/butt fat that needs to go. I'm quite small framed so therefore I should likely be on the lower end of the healthy weight spectrum.