Shakeology?

Options
Has anyone used the Shakeology program? What are your thoughts on it? Did the weight stay off? Or was it a temporary cleanse?

Replies

• mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan. I like it for the nutritional value. I've tried several products of this type and it's by far my favorite. Yes, it's expensive, but I beleive it's worth it to me. I did a 3-day cleanse of 2x daily and kept the extra 3 lbs I lost in those three days off. I didn't need it for weight loss though, so I'm not a good example. I think with any program, if you don't "stick" with it, the weight will always come back on, it depends on what you are looking for in the program.

I looked at the cost - then what I was using, which I was adding things to and realized that the costs wasn't that far off base from the additional items I was using to meet what Shakeology was adding for me.

My kids love it, it's their new favorite breakfast - and my mom enjoyed it when she was here visiting too.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Has anyone used the Shakeology program? What are your thoughts on it? Did the weight stay off? Or was it a temporary cleanse?

There are a few ways to drink Shakeology. First is the 3 day cleanse. (Message me for more info about that). The second and most common way is drinking it as a meal replacement (this is what I am currently doing). However it is so much more then just a meal replacement, it is quite possibly the healthiest thing you can put in your body

There are also people who just drink it as a snack, or an after work out snack. Yes I too give it to my kids as well. Funny thing is they think they are getting a treat and don't even realize they are getting a full days worth of fruit and vegetables.
  • Coltom
    Coltom Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My husband and I drink shakeology everyday. We lost the ten pounds as promised by replacing one meal a day. Now we drink it because it makes us FEEL GOOD....energy, sleep well, wake up refreshed. We are definitely older than you (63) but we love it. We have it delivered automatically monthly.

Our Daughter is a Beachbody coach and she introduced it to us. We love it!!!!
  • jaybaileys
    jaybaileys Posts: 317
    Options
    My wife and I have been using it daily since January of 2010. She generally has hers for breakfast. I use it as a snack in the afternoon. Love the chocolate, not a greenberry fan. I am not trying to lose weight so that's not why I take it.
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Wow, these are great reviews! What is the calorie count on the shakes?
  • jaybaileys
    Options
    1 scoop is 140 calories 17 carbs 17 protein and 1 gram of fat.
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    THANKS!
  • jaybaileys
    Options
    Have you tried it yet?
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I use Shakeology daily as my post workout meal and have noticed increased energy after my workout since starting it. Also, I have fewer cravings for other foods and have seen lower cholesterol and normalized blood sugar levels from my doctor.

I have also done the cleanse and have gotten rid of horrible bloating. Plus, if you eat correctly and exercise after finishing the cleanse, the weight does not typically come back on unlike most other cleanses that I have heard about.

I have seen quite a few other benefits as well, including better GI health. No need for nasty Activia crap for me!