Pumpkin Pancakes

Options
laughingdani
laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
I have been dying to try the Pumpkin Pancakes by B*tch Cakes ever since I started reading her blog.
(check out her weight loss blog...its inspirational, unique and funny....)

I decided I would make them sometime this week and thought I would share the recipe with everyone so you can try them as well.
I had to enter the ingredients into the recipe tool here to get the nutrition facts.
(B*tch Cakes uses the WW points system.....2 pts per pancake)

Pumpkin Pancakes

Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups skim milk
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 egg
4 ounces unsweetened apple sauce
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar

Directions

1. Combine wet ingredients: In a bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, applesauce and vinegar.

2. Combine dry: In a separate bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger and salt.

3. Add dry ingredients to wet: Stir dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine.

4. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.

5. Brown on one side.

6. Flip and brown the other side.

7. Serve hot! (Add the toppings of your choice- Toppings are additional calories or WW points)

3132423748_374f4a8fd1.jpg

Here is the link to the recipe page on the blog if you would like to see the whole post along with additional pics. You will have to take the space out of the link in between the 'b' and 'i' due to MFP censorship.

http://msb itchcakes.blogspot.com/2008/12/recipe-pumpkin-pancakes.html

According to the recipe tool here on MFP the nutritional values are as follows....

Serving Size 2 pancakes.
Recipe makes approx 12 pancakes.

Per serving:
Cals: 236
Carbs: 47
Fat: 2
Protein: 8

If you try these or have tried these before please comment and let us know how they tasted.
They look deliciousl. I can't wait to try them!

Dani

Replies

• treekins
    treekins Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've not tried this specific recipe, but have a similar one that I ADORE. I love pancakes to start, but make them more savory and flavorful, and I'm a happy girl! :)
    Thanks for posting this one!
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! :D nom nom nom
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    bump - thx dani!
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Oh I love anything with pumpkin! I will have to try this because it has been sooo long since I've had pancakes. Thanks!:smile:
  • legend1973
    Options
    I made these about 6 weeks ago, the recipe I used was from Mens Health, you can google it.

Pure Awesomeness!!!
  • kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    BUMPITY BUMP!
  • emmigirl429
    emmigirl429 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting!
    I am going to try this, make all the recipe and freeze the portions I don't eat into portions for other days. (10 pancakes!!!)
    you can probably pop them into the toaster!
  • BrookeEspinosa
    Options
    bump
  • angdan31
    angdan31 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Bump