favourite ways to have cottage cheese

Options

Replies

• kaizen31
    kaizen31 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love it with Pringles (reduced fat Originals), to give it a little salt and crunch.
  • hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I just eat it with some pepper or on top of a rice cake. Yummy!
  • alacarte
    alacarte Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Love it mixed with applesauce, or peaches, or pineapple.
  • nab22
    nab22 Posts: 168
    Options
    With tomatoes and pepper
  • johnericy
    johnericy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    with homemade corn relish
  • racergirl1991
    racergirl1991 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    With strawberry jam is amazing..I have to agree.
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    The only thing I have left to add is to sprinkle your cottage cheese with your favorite grilling spices on toast. Yum to this and all the others. I don't like it plain very well but with with something else it is heavenly.
  • sbrake
    sbrake Posts: 25
    Options
    tomato and low sodium seasoning is my favorite. if u mix it with salsa and and find some low Cal tortilla chips that's a yummy snack too.
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    i love cottage cheese too but it has alot of sodium. i mean i still eat it of course. i like mine with whole wheat pasta. sounds crazy, but its in lasagna. so i cook up about 2oz of whole wheat shortcut pasta and mix that into my cottage cheese with fruit. i like strawberries, peaches..etc. i will sometimes put in one sweet-n-low too. yum! i want some now!!
  • jonboy1985
    Options
    my friends think i'm gross, but there's nothing more delicious for me than cottage cheese with a couple squirts of yellow mustard mixed in, some black beans and avocado. it's awesome energy food. the mustard doesn't really make the cheese taste like mustard, it just combats that bit of sourness you get, especially with the lo- and no-fat. don't knock it till you try it! :)
  • gurlysmiles2001
    Options
    cottage cheese pancakes! so delicious and full of protein. i don't like the texture of cottage cheese so i put the cottage cheese in the blender before mixing it into my batter. just search through the posts on here for "cottage cheese pancakes" and you'll find plenty of low calorie recipes
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I like it plain or with a little fresh ground pepper
  • ybba12490
    ybba12490 Posts: 252
    Options
    I personally love it plain! But I can only eat a few bites like that.

I mix it with sugarless applesauce, or peaches, and sometimes I just experiment, like I will add a pinch of cinnamon or just squeeze orange juice into it. Or I put it on grain/wheat/low carb crackers or toast, yum!

Most of the time though, I just eat it plain and can ONLY eat nonfat cottage cheese.... regular is so disgusting!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Since no one's mentioned it, mixed with oatmeal.
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    I just bought some light cottage cheese. I have only had it once a couple of years ago with some honeydew melon-which was delicious. Just wondering what some other cottage cheese favourites are?

Way back before I was vegan, I loved me some cottage cheese! My fave way to eat it was with ketchup mixed in. Sounds weird maybe, but I picked it up from my grandad and it tastes yummmmmmmy!
  • lisajuly
    lisajuly Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    cinnamon, a packet of truvia or splenda, and some chopped walnuts. tastes like a cinnamon roll. :)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    As the Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie I posted up here with a photo about a week ago. Sooooo yummy, a perfect way to get your protein w/o having to taste the nasty curdy stuff. I'm a cheese-hater ;)
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    my usual suspects are blueberries, strawberries, pineapple, peaches, pears, etc but i recently bought a bag of frozen dark sweet cherries (i believe its Dole brand) and i let a portion of those defrost and topped my cottage cheese with them. Very yummy and i am not a huge cherry fan (though starting to like them more!).

my husband grew up overseas and they would spread cottage cheese on a verrrrry thin pita bread and drizzle with honey and roll up for breakfast. Sounds like a lot of carbs to me, LOL, but its an idea ;) Maybe toast up some pita chips and scoop up your cottage cheese with "an edible spoon" ? :)
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Pineapple or strawberry yummmmmmmmmm
  • Cluelessj5
    Options
    Last summer my Grandma came to visit and she made this "stuff" tub of cottage cheese, tub of cool whip, box of sugar free jello and a drained can of pinapple bits. It's so good and I hate cottage chesse Grandma says it a textural thing. I suppose but this "stuff" rocks.