Here I Go!

Options
I decided that it's time to introduce myself. I started using MFP simply as a means to keep track of calories using the app on my phone. Then I started checking out the message boards, and have found inspiration. So to all of you - thank you! I'm the typical yo-yo dieter. I've gained and lost so much weight over the year. When I got within a couple of pounds of my all-time high AGAIN, I knew I had to to something different this time. The journaling/tracking calories has been very helpful. I can't kid myself anymore about the number of calories I'm eating. And I'm making a habit to immediately track what I put in my mouth, so that I don't develop calorie "amnesia" and start overlooking the calories IN. One week down guys - many more to go. It's great to know that I'm not the only one on this journey!

Replies

• Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!
  • jltodd99
    jltodd99 Posts: 89
    Options
    Welcome!
    Hope you find the site full of support and motivation!
    Feel free to friend me.
  • Richie75martin
    Options
    HIya, Sounds very similar to me...Started off 3 weeks ago after downloading the app and I've found it excellent in helping me be honest with what I'm eating. For me the weight has crept on over the last 2-3 years, one of the main reasons if im honest is having 2 kids (3 and 6) who's dinners i end up picking at if they have had enough. So i've put a stop to this and started to exercise abit more and thus far have lost 7lbs. Don't think I've cracked it yet but I'm definately finding this a whole lot easier than some of these fad diets that the wife tends to try!