Feelin a certain type of way!

Options
I lost 7 lbs the first 9 days.....then damn!! I weighed myself tonight and gained over 3lbs WTH!! I excercise more than ever I drink more water and certainy cut my calories... I'm feelin like UGHHH! I'm not sure what else I can do I also measured my waist...lost 3 inches...and lost 1 in my hips.....

Replies

• LucieBear
    LucieBear Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi, if you are exercising alot you have gained muscle... and muscle weigh more than fat.... for now don't mind the scale, you are losing inches and that is the important thing.. the pounds will come down.. don't give up... you are getting healthy...
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You didn't gain all your weight over night, so you aren't going to lose it overnight either! Keep at it!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that the scale measures EVERYTHING, not just fat. That means, bones, muscles, organs, fat, and water as well as anything else inside your body...

Most people lose an initial amount of water weight, and this then fluctuates some especially during the first month. That is why keeping track of your inches is so important.

The scale can not be the only way you measure success, because did you know that we fluctuate an average of 3-5 pounds DAILY even if we workout and eat right?

As long as you are losing inches and your clothes are fitting better, then you are doing great!!! Don't let water retention or lean mass increase stop you from doing what is obviously working. Don't worry about the scale so much.
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    7 pounds in 9 days is a huge weight loss, its natural for the body to fight back against a rapid weight loss like that. My advice to you is to avoid a common pitfall which many end up getting snagged into which is working out like mad and eating very little to lose fat. As counter intuitive as it may seem to some that is not the answer to long term fat loss. No one can sustain that kind of weight loss and gaining 3 pounds of muscle in 9 days is just ludicrous. You more than likely lost a lot of water weight and when you refilled on it you gained some back. Try not to fall into that typical 1200 cal/day working out like mad and not eating back the calories you worked off" group. That group will fail and I have seen it to many times to count.
  • 143sunflower
    Options
    Thank you all of you...I was also told not to weigh myself at night...it's better to weigh in the morning