I need hair advice....

Options
So here's the deal....I don't like conformity much.....or things to stay the same.....
The problem, I am a teacher, who's been yo-yoing with..."am I getting married soon......is it gonna wait," and why did I have to be born naturally light blonde.

Current situation: my hair is roughly about should length in front and about collar length in back. Light blonde (as usual) and boring as all get out. I've been wandering around with this style since Feb and the color since May (since that is when I was supposed to get married and had the sexiest red-fuschia striped out).

So, I have one month left of summer (before I have to be a "serious" teacher. I am kinda in a "screw the wedding" attitude and need some fresh ideas on what I should try color and cut wise because I am soooo uninspired right now (which is odd cause I love to mess with my hair). I want it to be flattering as well, since I just read on here that hair styles don't just stop the emphasis at your face.....

Help!

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    So here's the deal....I don't like conformity much.....or things to stay the same.....
    The problem, I am a teacher, who's been yo-yoing with..."am I getting married soon......is it gonna wait," and why did I have to be born naturally light blonde.

Current situation: my hair is roughly about should length in front and about collar length in back. Light blonde (as usual) and boring as all get out. I've been wandering around with this style since Feb and the color since May (since that is when I was supposed to get married and had the sexiest red-fuschia striped out).

So, I have one month left of summer (before I have to be a "serious" teacher. I am kinda in a "screw the wedding" attitude and need some fresh ideas on what I should try color and cut wise because I am soooo uninspired right now (which is odd cause I love to mess with my hair). I want it to be flattering as well, since I just read on here that hair styles don't just stop the emphasis at your face.....

Help!
  • Jezika
    Jezika Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I had what they called "Dirty Dishwater Blonde"... I hated it... so I decided to go dark and get the "Pob". It has really worked for me. I am naturally fair skinned as well, so the color combinations actually looked good without making me look washed out.

My friend dyed her hair the same color and wants to get deep red/burgundy highlights in it. Just enough to be different. She works in an office environment that has policies about appearance and dress.

Good luck with choosing a good color and cut!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Do you have a lot of issues with roots? I died my hair red once (not pretty) but within 2 weeks I had these white-blonde roots....it was sad.

I am kinda a chicken to go dark, since I am so horribly light haired but I am just so blahed out right now with what I have.....which I know is not nice to say, but it's honest!

I really like your hair cut and color and my length isn't too different ( I was wanting to grow it out cause my face is round and they say a little more length is ok....but it takes forever!!!!)
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I dont have a picture right now, but I have my hair colored a violet red (paul mitchell color) and then have the platinum chunk highlights only on the top layer. Everyone loves it!! Even when it is faded, they love it. And gives you an edge.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    I do enjoy edgy....however I pushed the envelope with pink streaks last year with my principal.

It will have to be able to transition in a month so I can teach..

Does anyone know how to show pics in messages?
  • CristaAmy
    CristaAmy Posts: 67
    Options
    My thought ... talk to your hairstylist! I never have any good ideas for my hair and my stylist loves to try new things out on me. It's just hair right? It will grow out. :wink:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    The problem is my stylist love pictures. He can cut it just like a picture.....but he doesn't want to risk the person letting him wing it. Color is different
  • CristaAmy
    CristaAmy Posts: 67
    Options
    hmmm ... let the magazine/internet searching begin!!

Sorry I'm not much help .. but half of my life is spent with a hardhat on my head. :smile:
  • Eliyan
    Eliyan Posts: 115
    Options
    If you were hoping for length, why don't you try getting some extensions? It'll be a bit pricey, but it'll definitely give you the change you were looking for, and will be something that will still work for teaching. And you can go as long as you want in just a day. :tongue:
  • veracruz
    veracruz Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My sister and I are both really fair skinned, light blondes. I haven't been as adventurous as she has been with her hair -(she's done purple, blue, red and is currently black) but my favorite look on her was when she went copper. Everyone said it made her eyes just pop and VERY few people have hair that color - so it's unique and edgy yet "principal-friendly". Have fun!
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the "pob!" It's adorable. And, you can always edge it up but getting the back cut shorter, or making it more asymmetrical by having one side longer than the other.

posh.JPG
  • runawaybride
    runawaybride Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the "pob!" It's adorable. And, you can always edge it up but getting the back cut shorter, or making it more asymmetrical by having one side longer than the other.

posh.JPG

This haircut would look great on you and put a little highlights in of a color of choice. I can't tell for sure but since you are so pale I have seen on What Not to Wear they dye the eyebrows to so they show up better.....this probably would be something that would make your eyes pop!!!!!! You are already pretty so anything would be great and just enhance.:flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    My sister and I are both really fair skinned, light blondes. I haven't been as adventurous as she has been with her hair -(she's done purple, blue, red and is currently black) but my favorite look on her was when she went copper. Everyone said it made her eyes just pop and VERY few people have hair that color - so it's unique and edgy yet "principal-friendly". Have fun!

So weird I was eyeing a pic with that same color....
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options

posh.JPG

This haircut would look great on you and put a little highlights in of a color of choice. I can't tell for sure but since you are so pale I have seen on What Not to Wear they dye the eyebrows to so they show up better.....this probably would be something that would make your eyes pop!!!!!! You are already pretty so anything would be great and just enhance.:flowerforyou:

I have a cut that resembles Jenny McCarthy

http://www.hairfinder.com/celebrityhairstyles/jenny-mccarthy.jpg

it's ok and I like the pob but I am not sure that will flatter my build
  • Essence320
    Essence320 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi CB! :flowerforyou: I'm a Hair Designer so this topic really caught my eye. I'm a Redken and Wella colorist also. Looking at your pic a modified version of the "Pob" would be great for your face. Alot of texturizing would help keep it from looking to flat and give it lots of edge. A light warm caramel or copper foiled through as a heavy lowlight would deepen your color and the light roots wouldnt be such a pain. Also, the idea of tinting your brows slightly is perfect b/c it would give your face more dimension and make your eyes even more stunning than they are now. Hope this helps.

Love & Blessings

Essence
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Hi CB! :flowerforyou: I'm a Hair Designer so this topic really caught my eye. I'm a Redken and Wella colorist also. Looking at your pic a modified version of the "Pob" would be great for your face. Alot of texturizing would help keep it from looking to flat and give it lots of edge. A light warm caramel or copper foiled through as a heavy lowlight would deepen your color and the light roots wouldnt be such a pain. Also, the idea of tinting your brows slightly is perfect b/c it would give your face more dimension and make your eyes even more stunning than they are now. Hope this helps.

Love & Blessings

Essence

YAY! I was thinking of lowlights and using my natural hair color as a slight highlight. I really do need to tint my eyebrows....does any salon do it (my hair guy never mentioned it before). I am still a little hesitent on the cut only because I was wanting to grow it out a little (cause everywhere I look it's saying people with round faces should have longer hair). i've been eyeing how Drew Barrymore is wearing her hair....some of the colors and length, not too long but past my shoulders......

I don't know, I am still uninspired. :sad:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I have kind of a chubby face and when my hair is long, I feel like it makes my face look really bloated because the length weighs my hair down and it doesn't balance out the chubbiness in my face. I've kept my hair around chin level, mostly because it minimizes my double chin and...I don't know, it makes my face look more how I would like it too :bigsmile: . I think the Pob with caramel lowlights would look GORGEOUS on you. It would bring out your cheekbones and accentuate your eyes. I think you should tint your eyebrows if you can too. I've never had that problem because my eyebrows are so prominent, but that would really bring out your eyes. Either way, you're going to be beautiful! Please post pictures of whatever you get done!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    I will ask about the eyebrows....

Still nervous with how short the Pob is......
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Hair will always grow back. You should go for it and if you hate it, it won't take very long for it to grow back. I think it will be gorgeous. Also, it may help you cement the fact that you're changing your life. I know that when I cut my hair back when I started it really helped cement the fact that my life was going to change and I wasn't going to be the same person. It was kind of a motivational thing, at least for me.