How can I,stop eating so many sweets

Options
Sweets r my downfall other then replacing it with,fruit what can I do I dont really want any I always crave em im try more fruit to c if it helps but ne other suggestions

Replies

• TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    100 calorie packs or lower cal sweets options :o)
  • aprolli
    aprolli Posts: 5
    Options
    I have found the "chocolate mint ice cream" gum tastes like the real thing... but it's only 5 calories. It has successfully curbed my need for 'sweets' without all the guilt!! Good luck!!
  • SlimmingSarah
    Options
    I dont even resist! I just eat things I'm allowed! Skinny Cow dessets and Atkins Bars Endulge bars. Give me my sweet fix and I dont feel guilty because it fits in my calorie allowance!
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    fruit is great, the Del monte naturals are great! i don't crave sweets never have to much, but when I do I also get the 100 cal packs. Mr. salty chocolate covered pretzels are my fav. but i have also found the lorna short bread cookies are great as well.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Former complete sugar-a-holic. The more you have the more you crave. I had to go cold turkey for over a month before I could resist them but now I can completely take them or leave them . . . and usually leave them now.
  • maryroseclare
    Options
    Hi, I noticed that I have to go cold turkey and cut out all sugar, then I feel tired and weak for a few days with CRAVINGS. Then within a week the cravings are gone. It seems like I can't have just a little because I keep craving it and giving in to it. Then it blows my calorie count for the day.
  • jaimejean478
    jaimejean478 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I like the 90 calorie fiber one bars... FF/SF pudding cups with a splash of redi whip is another great low cal alternative. if you're trying fruits, how about some strawberries with a little SF Chocolate syrup?

Do you drink a lot of diet soda? I noticed that once I quit drinking a diet coke every afternoon, my cravings for sweets went down a ton. I still need a little something in the afternoon, but not quite like when I was "off the wagon".
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    There are lots of tricks... chew gum, suck on altoids, brush your teeth, etc. There are plenty of sugar-free substitutes out there, although those never really satisfy me.

If all else fails, you could try to keep yourself busy. Cravings allegedly last no more than 10 minutes. So occupy yourself with something non-food related. You could try playing cards, drawing, or perhaps mastering correct syntax.
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    Sweets r my downfall other then replacing it with,fruit what can I do I dont really want any I always crave em im try more fruit to c if it helps but ne other suggestions

OK. this is going to sound odd but it works (my aunt is a hippie and i used to loooove chocolate more than i should) buy some pure grapefruit oil online. when you are craving sweets but a drop on your palm and rub it in, there is a chemical in the oil that is released and absorbed my your body that satisfies those cravings. or try eating a small piece of dark chocolate (perferably organic)
  • FlashBang
    FlashBang Posts: 136
    Options
    I have an enormous sweet tooth. Still do. What is working for me is really two things, many will disagree, they are: I allow my self a serving of anything sweet I want everyday, and I do not eat any artificial sweeteners. In fact I will eat sweets whenever they are presented to me, I just eat very little. Over time my sweet tooth has diminished and I can take or leave them now. I separate my servings out as well, no eating from the bag or bucket. You stay with it and you will come to a powerful place of diminished sugar cravings, it is just a matter of time. I do believe the artificial stuff is the biggest key to my success. You can do it!
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I agree with SlimmingSarah. For me it's very difficult to say no to sweets. My willpower for anything sugar (chocolatey especially) is very low. I just make sure to eat small portions when I feel like I "need" to eat whatever sweet thing is there.
  • rebeccawible
    Options
    oh man chocolate mint sounds so good! what brand is it and were do you buy it?:love:
  • rebeccawible
    Options
    I have found the "chocolate mint ice cream" gum tastes like the real thing... but it's only 5 calories. It has successfully curbed my need for 'sweets' without all the guilt!! Good luck!!

oh man chocolate mint sounds so good! what brand is it and were do you buy it?:love:
  • Keyra89
    Keyra89 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I will keep everyone of these thoughts in mind! I will read this every day lol :) oxo
  • Keyra89
    Options

they sel those everywhere walmart walgreens cvs local gorcery store
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    My weakness is CHOCOLATE...I like to use the hershey's sugar free chocolate syrup (sometimes with a little peanut butter) and use it as a dip for strawberries and apples. It's also really good to roll a banana in the chocolate then freeze. Another thing I found was the chocolate rice cakes topped with peanut butter. I must say though during the 2 months of my journey with weight loss my sweet cravings have got so much better. Now I crave popcorn LOL.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    honey cinnamon almonds from Target and coco almonds, Ill also like drinking vanilla almond milk
  • uubulldawg06
    uubulldawg06 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    try adding your frozen fruit to 8 oz low fat milk and blend. Frozen grapes are also a great substitute for sweets.
  • missgotwings
    missgotwings Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    While it may sound harsh, I'd have to say getting the sweets out of the house entirely is what works for my hubby and me. It's just one of those foods that is an 'all-or-nothing' when it's around so it's not even worth the temptation. If we go to a party and people send us home w/ leftover dessert (even though we've politely told them over and over again we don't want any), it goes right in the garbage can. That may sound terrible, but it can waste away in the garbage OR it can waste away on your body. Your choice.

One sweet treat I like to have is a 'mock sundae'. I think I first heard of it from Bob Harper on Biggest Loser. Take a banana and slice it up, sprinkle a 1/4c. of trail mix OR a Tbsp. of chopped walnuts/almonds/peanuts,etc, drizzle a Tbsp or two of chocolate syrup over it and top with a spoonfull of fat-free/light Cool Whip. It really does satisfy my sweet tooth!

Good luck w/ the cravings; I know it's hard to kick that one.
  • Keyra89
    Options
    My weakness is CHOCOLATE...I like to use the hershey's sugar free chocolate syrup (sometimes with a little peanut butter) and use it as a dip for strawberries and apples. It's also really good to roll a banana in the chocolate then freeze. Another thing I found was the chocolate rice cakes topped with peanut butter. I must say though during the 2 months of my journey with weight loss my sweet cravings have got so much better. Now I crave popcorn LOL.
    i looove popcorn