I want to cry.....

Options

Replies

• kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I found one yesterday and I'm only 24! In fact I found my first at 16. no worries, you can always dye it is you feel that strongly. :flowerforyou:
  • jsmalla
    jsmalla Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I really wish I could sympathize with you all . . . but . . .

I was hoping my hair would turn grey before it turned loose. :laugh:
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options
    i'm 24 and found my first few gray hairs when i was 22. i just pluck 'em and show them to my husband and say, "you see what you do to me!" lol
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I have been getting them since I was 17, hair dye works :bigsmile:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    i am just 26 ad i have grey hairs!
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    First of all BREATH!
    It is going to be OK.
    I remember my first one and MAN did I forget the importance of breathing...
    Yes I know how you feel dear.
    But in this day and age as stated before you CAN STOP THEM! OR at the very least join them.
    I dye my hair to the natural color, I do it about every month.
    It is a small price to pay as far as I am concerned.
    I am a Clairol girl and you BET I AM WORTH IT!
    I also have a girl friend the Bleaches sections (Like highlights.) that she saw a gray hair in. In effect JOINING THEM.
    Which I have considered, HOWEVER for one reason or another my gray hair is thicker then my already thick hair and springy-er to boot. :angry: So it might be blond but it will still be sticking stright out from my head like a horn. For those that decide to be TOO unruley, I pluck them out. :wink: :laugh:
    --Diann...
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    NO worries!! Im 24 and have a few...actually I had a friend in University who had a full head of grey hair and she just grew it and added black low lights...I liked it.....just stand tall and hold your head up no need to worry about lil hairs!...and DO NOT PLUCK them as I have heard that will cause more to grow and faster!!
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Grey hair is just your body's natural sparkles......
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    yep, been going grey since i turned 25. But being a bloke i am going to go for the dignified silver wings look.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I too have the odd stray gray (make that "wirey white"), and I also pluck, as there are not enough to warrant dye.

It is an old wives tale that they will grow back faster or more plentifiul, however according to my stylist, if you pull at an odd angle, and damage the folicle, the hair from that folicle can grow back in odd directions. Therefore, always pluck in the direction of the hair growth... any waxers out there will know exactly what I mean - the waxed hair grows back in strange directions!). :sick:

You're as young as you feel, and as young as make the effort to make yourself look!
    :flowerforyou:
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    You are standing on a railroad track, on your left is weeds and mud and on your right is a nice bench with flowers around it. You look down the track and see a train coming, you know you can't stop it so you must move off the tracks. Which side you choose is up to you.

You can sit around and worry yourself to death about age or, just except it and move on and make the best of it. I am not accusing you of being freaked out but I don't won't you to be occupied with age and miss out on life.:flowerforyou:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    You are standing on a railroad track, on your left is weeds and mud and on your right is a nice bench with flowers around it. You look down the track and see a train coming, you know you can't stop it so you must move off the tracks. Which side you choose is up to you.

You can sit around and worry yourself to death about age or, just except it and move on and make the best of it. I am not accusing you of being freaked out but I don't won't you to be occupied with age and miss out on life.:flowerforyou:

very nicely said :drinker:
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I started getting them at 24, I part my hair on the side so I have a small gray streak in the front. I get compliments on it!!!!!! People tell me it looks more like a highlight. I'm turning 35 next week and I gotta say, it's been on my mind to dye it!!!!:smile:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Wait, fatsis, when you say weeds.... :devil:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I just 27 and I have a few funny how I didn't have any before I had Rion and got married....hmmmm coincedence?
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

Wow, you have a soft side...how eloquent!
  • fatsis
    Options
    Wait, fatsis, when you say weeds.... :devil:

It took a minute but when it sunk in I lmbo. It must my brain slowing with age. :bigsmile:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I FREAKED out when I found my first one. I got up on my bathroom counter and started going through my hair yanking out anything that appeared to be grey. My husband laughs at me, but I don't feel old enough to have grey hair. Nothing wrong with grey hair. I think it is quite beautiful on some people...JUST NOT ON ME, yet.

I am with you on this one. Grey, grey STAY AWAY!!!

I will be coloring mine if I start noticing more!
  • fatsis
    Options

Wow, you have a soft side...how eloquent!
    For now that would be my front side where all the belly fat is. Which looks to be the only really flabby area left on me. Woo-Hoo.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    My name is Gray...so don't feel bad...My husband and I joke all the time, oh your feeling "gray," All your hair is, "Gray"... Don't forget things aren't black and white, there's a "gray" area! We are stupid, but it's our name, so...

Gray isn't so bad! LOL